@Dellmassive`s T6 T32 Sportline 204 LWB DSG PV MY18 - Van Adventure

Interestingly I've got some extra information from him saying that as its classed as a recovery he's going to follow me up to the Volkswagen garage and I replacement hire vehicle will be organised by enterprise via then. The garage then has 48 hours (Edit: it now seems that its actually 72hrs) to decide what to do all start i.a fix the van or give me one of their higher vans or they start paying the enterprise fee. Which makes them deal with these salts of recovery breakdown callings I priority.

On a separate side note he also said that his t6.1 was stolen the other day without the keys he seems to think that the lock was picked to get into the van which then turned off the alarm he then said he don't know how they got around the steering wheel key barrel but somehow they got it started and running drove it away emptied out the tolls and then left it when they recovered the vehicle from the tracker they found that the SOS module had been tampered with the fuse box was down under the dash and some other odd bits and pieces. So very worrying for t6.1 owners that now an official ra official bounce wagon assistant guys and his van stolen with no physical smashed entry I'll start worrying times .

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CAB
He's also mentioned that some of his buddies have the fold version transit which may be the new t7 Volkswagen transporter and that they have had them been smashed into as well by cutting a hole in the side just the same as our highlighted on the beefing up security thread the other day so that's worrying as well for the new t7 version of the van.

Sorry about the spelling and typos I'm using voice to text speake child tidy up later on mods don't worry

• Wow
some of his buddies have the fold version transit

All worth a gander

(Love the speak to text!)

I'll update the TPI number when I get back because he wouldn't let me take a photo of it but he has given me verbally the TPI details Google searched it quickly but couldn't see anything so I might need your help to find the TPI information.
Perhaps this one:

here it is . . .

can you kind people see if you can get the official TPI,?

apparently it only relates to the CEXB 204ps BiTurbo T6 Engine,

and the new Long Block and pistons are revised to prevent the same from happening.

TPI - 2061290/6

CXEB excessive oil consumption . . over 0.5L per 1000km

1723543955122.png

Perhaps this one:
That looks like the one at MMI.

Excessive oil usage half a later of oil per thousand kilometers from stop

TPI as above details.

new. engine block and pistons or long block plus replacement of DPF and catalytic converter as consequential failures of the burning oil out and also the lambda probe as well all other items are not swapped.

We are driving out to the Volkswagen dealership now to get dropped off and have a look at plus sorting out a higher vehicle.

IIf if this is the case looks like I'm the latest cxeb engine replacement as I'm planning to keeping the van long term anyway.

Assuming it gets covered under warranty I'll be a happy bunny as I'll be having the new modified engine block and pistons plus a new DPF plus a new cat which starts my engine clock from 80,000 miles onwards so happy days.

Let's just hope that the all-in warranty covers me for this as I know they moan about oil leaks.

But the good thing is this fan is only ever been serviced at Volkswagen garage I've had the factory extended warranty and all in warranty from day one.

And calling the VW assist Volkswagen silver van guys as worked out well for me today as he's the one that's diagnosed the TPI with the help of my Excel sheet detailing the mileage and oil consumption that I've added which helps prove that the engine has started burning oil and it's getting progressively worse as the mileage is going on.

I haven't done any check on regen frequency or anything like that yet.

Is it worth sending the turbo for recon whilst the engine is out then all the majors are covered and dealt with before rebuilt

lets hope so. . . .

so far its still just sitting in the carpark . . .

1723655234096.png

it drove to the garage fine. . . once its was running again, it drove like normal.

just very odd.

its started on the button like normal first thing in the morning,. . . to a tick over, then stalled itself.

then wouldn't start, it was a crank no fire, but was cutting itself off mid-crank.

this was the third start attempt, that we videoed - after that i called VW Assist.

10 out of 10 for those guys, they was onsite in an hour and looked after us.

++++

clip showing the crank no-start - stop.

+++

1723655312607.png

so im now thinking that the CXEB engines maybe prone to TWO possible high oil use problems,

1# one being the Bi-Turbo bearing failing - causing oil injection via the charge cooler. - the VW tech said that this can be witnessed with a borescope showing wet oil in the induction path and inlet manifold, and also wet in all four cylinders. ( anyone know if the is a TPI for this? )

the repair is :

new Bi-Turbo,
new CAT,
new DPF,
new Lamda probe.

+++

2# the Bore/Piston wear, that the TPI covers (TPI - 2061290/6) - which the VW tech says can be witnessed with wet oil one or more cylinders, and not all four as id assumed, he said the chances were that one cylinder will be leaking oil, showing as wet, where the other will show dry, he also said that a compression test will show the weak cylinder, the wet oil and carbon deposit will also clog the injector head, which leads to a miss-fire on that cylinder. ( basicaly what i had)

the TPI states a guided fault finding, which calls for the oil to be drained and weighed. then replaced, then 500 odd miles to be driven, then the oil to be drained and weighed again.

if the engine shows that the oil usage is more that 0.5L per 1000km then its a fail and repair required.

the repair is :

new Long Block Engine ( Block, pistons, crank, head, cams etc )(but not accessories like EGR, Turbo etc)
new CAT,
new DPF,
new Lamda probe.

TPI - 2061290/6

CXEB excessive oil consumption . . over 0.5L per 1000km

+++++

I feel for you Lee!!

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

I hope you get this sorted, and it doesn’t cost you a fortune bud.

Fingers crossed

On a separate side note he also said that his t6.1 was stolen the other day without the keys he seems to think that the lock was picked to get into the van which then turned off the alarm he then said he don't know how they got around the steering wheel key barrel but somehow they got it started and running drove it away emptied out the tolls and then left it when they recovered the vehicle from the tracker they found that the SOS module had been tampered with the fuse box was down under the dash and some other odd bits and pieces. So very worrying for t6.1 owners that now an official ra official bounce wagon assistant guys and his van stolen with no physical smashed entry I'll start worrying times .
I'm curious as to how this happened because as I understand it if you open a 6.1 with the alarm on with something like a surf key with no remote/transponder the alarm triggers anyway?

And if you have active WeConnect that should raise an alert via the SOS/LTE module. I hope that happens instantly because otherwise they have time to attack it, but thinking about it I've never tested on mine.

I'm particularly interested as I'm just about at the end of the new vehicle complimentary WeConnect service and the online alarm and tracking is one of the few things I'd continue paying the £140 a year for (the internet radio is useless to me now there is no BBC and the live traffic/maps are nice to have but not worth paying for given I have 2 navigation systems on the phone that do both of those)

If it's easily defeated maybe I should pay that money for a Ghost or an after market tracker.

I'm curious as to how this happened because as I understand it if you open a 6.1 with the alarm on with something like a surf key with no remote/transponder the alarm triggers anyway?

And if you have active WeConnect that should raise an alert via the SOS/LTE module. I hope that happens instantly because otherwise they have time to attack it, but thinking about it I've never tested on mine.

I'm particularly interested as I'm just about at the end of the new vehicle complimentary WeConnect service and the online alarm and tracking is one of the few things I'd continue paying the £140 a year for (the internet radio is useless to me now there is no BBC and the live traffic/maps are nice to have but not worth paying for given I have 2 navigation systems on the phone that do both of those)

If it's easily defeated maybe I should pay that money for a Ghost or an after market tracker.
Apparently the VW tech tested that on his own van.

And picking the lock or possibly using the surf key does not set off the alarm.?

The SOS module was removed, and the immobiliser coding was all messed up, (he said filled up with random code)... Plus the fud box was pulled out.

So there is a way to get away with a T6.1

What he couldn't answer was how they get the steering lock barrel opened.

Anyway this is coming from a VW tech, not some random FB page.

It happened and everyone they don't know how.

The van has CCTV with GPS , so they managed to get the van back the following day, it was dumped, emptied out and left work the doors open.

The got the CCTV from the 4 cams in the van showing what happened. But they still didn't know how they done it.

They assuming, passenger door lock picked.. no alarm went off.

Fuses pulled disabling something.

SOS module unplugged.

Bcm,ECM coding messed with via OBD2 port. ( New keys program?)

Steering wheel barrel lock disabled - unknown.

. Then just drove away in it.

CCTV tracker was used to locate the van the following morning.

worrying times for the T6.1 . . How Ballsy is that - to steel a VW Techs van !!!

he said he now wraps the passenger seatbelt around the door handle to try and stop it from being opened.?

Last edited:
I've started a new thread about the 204 engine and turbo issues,

looks like the van is on the ramps after a couple days in the carpark.

lets see what they say, so far I've not spoke with anyone.

1723893715543.png1723893738680.png

Is it worth sending the turbo for recon whilst the engine is out then all the majors are covered and dealt with before rebuilt
the more im looking into things . . .

i might go for a New turbo, and sell this one on as a working unit.

all depending on what the dealer comes back with.

but assuming its a new Long Block + DPF + CAT . . .

and seeing as a lot of people are saying the Bi-turbo is failing 100-150K miles.

fitting a latest edition Turbo seems to make financial sense for the long term.

update,

vans back in the carpark now.

called the garage, . . . they told me they need to do the guided fault finding,

they need to drain & weigh and replace the oil, . . . then send me on a 620mile (1000km) road trip,

to then call us back in for a oil drain and weigh.

if its used more than the TPI mentions, ie 0.5L - then its a fail. - and will need a new engine.

+++

they are looking to do the oil weigh tomoz, so hopefully well get the van back soon

+++

1724077444734.png

• Wow
Just 620 miles? Can I take it to France next week matey?
yes, 620miles is the 1000km needed to then do the retest or the oil loss.

not sure about the France thing . . . we`ll be using the van for work.

Back