Hello from Scotland

Hi from Bellshill, Scotland
Hi & welcome.

In years gone by I spent many a night in the Strathclyde Hilton in Bellshill - I was working at Kwik-Fit Insurance Services' call centre at the time, building and installing a new computer system. All closed down now, but I have fond memories of my nearly 5 years there.

Great to hear there is a local(ish) community. This is my first van and most noises, lights, smells, behaviours etc are pretty daunting/terrifying/frustrating.

High Everyone
I'm new to Transporters so I thought I would get me a 2017 205bhp T6. Just loving it!! Recently converted it into a camper.
Loving that too. Anyone who wants details of the conversion or pics just reply.
Yes i would love some pictures i also got a 16 plate 205 bh in white a couple of months ago and love it will give me a couple of ideas i am in kilmarnock thanks

Hi, thanks for accepting me into the fold, just browsing at the moment and trying to decide if I want to chop my car in for a transporter, not being vat registered makes them really expensive. So I will soak up as much info from here and then decide.

Hi & welcome.

Transporters are amazingly versatile and adaptable vehicles - what do you envisage using one for?

With appropriate modding you can almost get to premium-SUV levels of comfort and performance, but there ain't an SUV on the road that can touch a Transporter for passenger and/or load-carrying capability.

I would use it for a day van, I have motor bikes so possible transport the bike, take the Gran kid’s camping etc.
Im up in Scotland so plenty potential for trips. My car is only 18 month old so I don’t really want to trade down in age to much, but at the same time also not spend fortune either. I’ve had plenty transits and a sprinter vans in the past so not a stranger to vans.

New Member saying hello, hopefully some of the experienced members of the Forum can answer any questions I may have going forward? We acquired a T6.1 Highline, looking forward to many great escapes with the Van it’s been a busy couple of weeks furnishing all extras thank god for Amazon. We have managed our first night away, some teething issues but nothing to concerning looking forward to more adventures.

Hi all, just joined the group and looking forward to reading everyone’s experiences and get advice when needed. I’m not a new VW owner, however I am a new Transporter owner and it’s the first Van I’ve owned.
So hello and that’s for allowing me to be part of this forum

Welcome aboard. Wealth of information on here with some very knowledge members (though do watch out for @jog.as he's prone to toilet humour) We like photos from new members so do post a few up when you get chance. What's your van, a camper, work van, day van, etc?

• Wow
Reactions: Bav
Welcome aboard. Wealth of information on here with some very knowledge members (though do watch out for @jog.as he's prone to toilet humour) We like photos from new members so do post a few up when you get chance. What's your van, a camper, work van, day van, etc?
Thanks @True Romance, I’ll keep an eye out for @jog.as and ensure I respond appropriate
I have just purchased a 6.1 T32 4motion Kombi. Will likely look to make a few updates to enable it as part time day van and part time camper. Will see how it goes….
I few curious things I need to figure out, so plan to search the forum before asking any questions

Back