Hello from Scotland

Hi folks

As i guess with many i found the forum when trying to figure out how to fix something on my Caravelle Se
and it has been very helpful and informative and as a result have been able to fix a problem(self caused with the air bag warning light ) when fitting a dash cam

I am a Ex RNXS marine engineer, a current (30 years) computer engineer with electronic repair experience, from Scotland
So any advice or help i can offer please feel free to ask

Thanks for letting me join the forum that is now added to my favourite short-cuts

Well I'm alot further into the process now.. Bought my van, had it worked on by vanhaven and had it lowered 50 mils, alloys, front sportline kit, side bars, roof bars, alloys and leather seats fitted, front led's

It's now with advanced in car technologies getting a few more bits and pieces done to it. Thinking its gonna be ready mid week next week... I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas

IMG-20200915-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20200915-WA0003.jpg

Nice. I saw that van for sale when I was looking. Too far North for me.
I've gone with a Black LWB 199 DSG Shuttle.
Nice mods.

Hello,

Just popping my head in after getting a 2013 Kombi (SWB Startline which has been given a sportline facelift) which we are planning to convert to a camper. I know it's mostly T6 here, but I'm already picking up some useful info.

TDO

Hello,

Just popping my head in after getting a 2013 Kombi (SWB Startline which has been given a sportline facelift) which we are planning to convert to a camper. I know it's mostly T6 here, but I'm already picking up some useful info.

TDO
Welcome to the forum and good wishes for your new van! You have a journey ahead of you

Welcome to the forum and good wishes for your new van! You have a journey ahead of you
Yep, right now it's Mr TDO doing the work stripping it out. I'm somewhat perplexed by the squishy floor. Dread to think what's under it!

Yep, right now it's Mr TDO doing the work stripping it out. I'm somewhat perplexed by the squishy floor. Dread to think what's under it!
All will be revealed! And, this is a good place to advise on how to sort out any scary findings!

Hello Everyone, especially to anyone in North Scotland. If there is anyone local to me (Moray), who is good with T6 electrics, I might have a small job for you!
I don't usually join fora, let alone pay for premium membership, most are full of junk. But not this one! Of course, there are helpful work-related places like StackOverflow.com - though despite being a forum for programmers, it doesn't have such a slick interface as this one).
Thanks to the prompt and helpful replies, especially for the very informative stuff from @Pauly and @Loz. I might even attempt to fix a few things on my T6.

Reactions: JOG
Hello Everyone, especially to anyone in North Scotland. If there is anyone local to me (Moray), who is good with T6 electrics, I might have a small job for you!
I don't usually join fora, let alone pay for premium membership, most are full of junk. But not this one! Of course, there are helpful work-related places like StackOverflow.com - though despite being a forum for programmers, it doesn't have such a slick interface as this one).
Thanks to the prompt and helpful replies, especially for the very informative stuff from @Pauly and @Loz. I might even attempt to fix a few things on my T6.
Hi and welcome!
I too generally avoid fora but this is the only one I subscribe to. It is a font of knowledge and good advice. It is also something of an entertaining read.

Hey folks, just stopping by to say hello, hoping to pick up my 66 plate T30 factory kombi highline (150) in a couple of weeks so thought it's about time I stopped lurking and started posting.

I'm based up in the far north of Scotland on the NC500 and coming from a long line of VAG cars, last being a Skoda Superb Sportline wagon.

It's a bog standard kombi with no mods so already thinking about what I'll change, I'm not going to be converting it to a camper. Probably looking at tints, wheels, suspension drop, front end styling (bumper/splitter), bulkhead, a new stereo/headunit and potentially a remap. I'm sure I'll get a ton of other ideas from the vast amount of info on here. Took quite a while to find one that wasn't mental expensive.

Anyway looking forward to getting involved here.

Welcome mate, look forward to seeing some pictures when you get it!

Hello all, new member from North East Scotland. Picked up a Reflex silver T6.1 Highline PV last month and looking at a few modifications to it.

Reactions: CAB
Good morning,

I’m Bruce,I live up in the Orkney Islands, I’m new on here, looking to buy my first 4 berth camper. Interested to have a look around and see what works and get some ideas.

cheers

I love Orkney, been there on many childhood holidays and a few times since as an adult. Whereabouts in Orkney do you live?

I love Orkney, been there on many childhood holidays and a few times since as an adult. Whereabouts in Orkney do you live?
It's a great place. I live in the parish of Orphir. Not for from the ferry to the islands of Flotta and Hoy

Just picked up my T6 swb kombi and decided to join the forum after being involved with a caddy forum.

Plans are to change the wheels to some dutchy banded or 1av to match my caddy..decision decisions! Also to potentially be on air ride if not coilovers until I do decide to put it on air.

Looking forward to adding the mods already!

Point Blur_Aug282021_160240~2.jpg

Welcome! Looks like the Caddy's had a few mods! Won't be long before you're spending the life savings on the van (although you may have already done that given how much they're going for these days!!):D

Thanks! Yeah my caddy had quite the list so have similar ideas for the t6 which is slowly getting bigger and bigger!

Back