L/Battery - go large or go lithium?

Great stuff. Thought it would be that cable somewhere. Keep an updated diagram as you learn what is what then if you have any issues in the future or want to upgrade anything you don’t have to re-learn everything again.

Solar isolator looks good.

For the pos side of stuff from the LB the order is:

1. LB post
2. Short cable to main LB fuse - 100A should be fine as battery can only put out 100A max. It must be less than cable is capable of though.
3. Cable to isolator (can be any length to help with positioning). Same cross-section cable as above.
4. Isolator. This will be M10 posts.
5. Cable from isolator to busbar (same cable as 2 and 3 above).
6. Busbar.
7. Individual existing cables with new crimped connections attached to busbar. from busbar. Each must be fused very close to busbar to protect cable.

You could use the existing fuses or use something like the mega/midi fuse box I linked earlier from 12voltplanet which is busbar and fuses in one.
I’ll have a proper read if this when get a sec, presume the cloth tape isn’t a fire risk around spade connectors? Daft question maybe

I’ll have a proper read if this when get a sec, presume the cloth tape isn’t a fire risk around spade connectors? Daft question maybe
Not ideal but will be ok as long as it’s not getting hot (if it is there’s a bigger problem!). Better to just nip up the curled over sides slightly so it grip better.

Great stuff. Thought it would be that cable somewhere. Keep an updated diagram as you learn what is what then if you have any issues in the future or want to upgrade anything you don’t have to re-learn everything again.

Solar isolator looks good.

For the pos side of stuff from the LB the order is:

1. LB post
2. Short cable to main LB fuse - 100A should be fine as battery can only put out 100A max. It must be less than cable is capable of though.
3. Cable to isolator (can be any length to help with positioning). Same cross-section cable as above.
4. Isolator. This will be M10 posts.
5. Cable from isolator to busbar (same cable as 2 and 3 above).
6. Busbar.
7. Individual existing cables with new crimped connections attached to busbar. from busbar. Each must be fused very close to busbar to protect cable.

You could use the existing fuses or use something like the mega/midi fuse box I linked earlier from 12voltplanet which is busbar and fuses in one.

This work for 100 amp fuse?

No, don’t use those they are terrible. The only one like that I would use would be a Bluesea one.

The Mega in that box doesn’t really work for you as the main LB fuse as it needs to be before the isolator switch. You can leave the mega fuse out and use just the midis. I would be tempted to keep it simple and use a standard busbar (such as that linked by Big Si earlier) and use your existing fuses.

No, don’t use those they are terrible. The only one like that I would use would be a Bluesea one.

The Mega in that box doesn’t really work for you as the main LB fuse as it needs to be before the isolator switch. You can leave the mega fuse out and use just the midis. I would be tempted to keep it simple and use a standard busbar (such as that linked by Big Si earlier) and use your existing fuses.
Okay, so I need to buy a couple of positive bus bars, (one for solar side and one for LB side, and a negative to facilitate the Victron shunt) and a separate 100amp in line fuse. Is that all?

Okay, so I need to buy a couple of positive bus bars, (one for solar side and one for LB side, and a negative to facilitate the Victron shunt) and a separate 100amp in line fuse. Is that all?
Sounds about right.

Personally I would buy a known make fuse such as Victron, Bluesea, Littelfuse etc. And midi, as you linked, is good as it’s much smaller than a mega. Likewise with the fuse holder - MTA is a decent make for a midi holder in addition to those mentioned for fuses.

I’ve started early!

First order of day, changing Ablemail settings. I think someone suggested this could be done without clever laptop interface shenanigans.

I’ve read the info that comes with the trickle charger but it seems to want me to purchase cables etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I had to read it about 5 times to get even an idea. I don't own the AM2 so it's not something I've tried. Looks like a wire is placed between SW1 and LB and a then ground wire from 0V to vehicle gorund. Then connect LB to LB input on the unit and see if you get the flashes. I guess 4 flashes would indicate it's on the factory setting.
Then remove wire from SW1 and replace it into SW1 within 40 seconds then watch. When the LEDs hit the sequence for Mode 3 remove the wire from SW1 sharpish and job done.

Makes little sense, I’ve done what I think it means and get no light.

Disconnect two spades (to positive on amt)

Disconnect negative spade

Connect the spade that was on leisure positive to sw1

Connect ground spade back

Nothing happens

I’ve sorted it. Rang company. Very pleasant technician talked me through. He was very helpful but the instructions printed aren’t clear, and he agreed that a lot of people come unstuck

Next job,

Shunt.

I’ve made a short negative wire from LB -ve to shunt.

Do I just take the wires off the leisure battery -ve and wire onto shunt or do I take the ground wire from amt etc too

Back