L/Battery - go large or go lithium?

On the dc to dc switch, what do I do with the ignition wire that is currently in situ? Just lash?

Or is it worth me just not wiring a switch? And leave dc to dc to do its thing

On the dc to dc switch, what do I do with the ignition wire that is currently in situ? Just lash?

As linked before, simple inline on/off switch on that signal wire near the DC-DC.

If you do want a switch (as @ginkster says I'd not bother for now and see if you want one later) you'd just need to put one into the ignition wire.

That will just turn off the ignition signal so the DC-DC doesn't start.

Or, it's about a 20 second job to turn it off in the app!

Or, it's about a 20 second job to turn it off in the app!
I’m not sure why but the app says that is intended for maintenance purposes only. :rolleyes: That’s why I did a switch which is about as simple as it gets! 2 min job.

I’m not sure why but the app says that is intended for maintenance purposes only. :rolleyes: That’s why I did a switch which is about as simple as it gets! 2 min job.
Might be different on the older Orion chargers, mine just says "Charger will be disabled and battery will stop charging".

If I wanted to put in a switch I'd put one into one of the switch blanks in my dash so I can access whilst driving, so carpet out, dash part out.... Nah. I'll just use the app! Which I can also use from anywhere thanks to my Cerbo GX ;) :D

Might be different on the older Orion chargers, mine just says "Charger will be disabled and battery will stop charging".

If I wanted to put in a switch I'd put one into one of the switch blanks in my dash so I can access whilst driving, so carpet out, dash part out.... Nah. I'll just use the app! Which I can also use from anywhere thanks to my Cerbo GX ;) :D
Ah, yeah, they’ve changed the wording on the new one. Makes more sense.

I considered that while I had the floor up (and actually ran a couple of spare cables from the fuse box to under the seat for future use) but decided to keep it hidden just under the seat. The Cerbo GX looks good - that will have to wait for my next van project though!!

Re beep, I’d left the little clip sensor under seat centre off as I was going to get back into work but needed to drive van.

Would that cause a beep? What is that cable?

Re beep, I’d left the little clip sensor under seat centre off as I was going to get back into work but needed to drive van.

Would that cause a beep? What is that cable?
Seat belt warning. Won’t cause a beep if left off. I did the same.

Back