Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 62 81.6%

• Total voters
Its not the reg, its the bolt deliberately placed to make the 8 look like a 0. I believe it could also be treated as attempt to pervert the course of justice in worst case.

This is the thing I have most about personal plates. That is obviously misrepresenting the digits, so something should be done about this. Plus it looks crap.
Jeez! What do you really think about them though!!! Each to their own and take your chances with “the plod.”

I can’t throw stones….the “G” on my reg is actually a butchered “6”

35F2B007-49A4-4EAC-BF4C-6FCD56A3B986.jpeg

I was guilty of slightly misrepresenting a number plate on a past vehicle...it wasn't a hard try though as the positioning of the screw was exactly where it should be..just i didn't put the white cap on the cover! it was a bit more fitting the truck than H569 XMX was!

CIMG2426.JPG

Here's mine that I was forced to buy after joining this forum, must say I really like it, CVL perfect on a Caravelle

IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG

Last edited:
It’s all fun and games ‘til your nicked motor doesn’t get tracked down because the council ANPR cameras - which won’t be as Gucci as the ones you see on the forecourt at BP - couldn’t work out if it was a 8 or a 0 :oops:

@cgtmiles
I had that with mine not issued email the the DVLA and ask if it has been issued
They emailed back saying not issued am I interested in it
Yes
They then said it would be issued and put in a timed auction
Starting price £130 no other bidders happy days
You have to open an account with dvla to bid and pay for it
They even notified me when it was released for auction but thats another thing you can sign up for auction notifications
Sounds a bit of a faff but it's real easy
I emailed them the other day requesting this so great to hear you had success. Let’s see if they respond any time soon, as always they are very busy so probably be at least a week before they get out of bed and read their mails!

cheers!

Back