Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 62 81.6%

• Total voters
Jesus, Life imprisonment!!! :slow rofl:
You make Atilla the Hun look moderate!
Go straight to “Hard Labour” or ship him off to the colonies! (Oh, hang on, I’m from one of the former colonies…!)

There needs to be an issue (crime etc) to pervert the course, so it is a misrepresentation at best! However, @Skyliner33 does flag a valid issue: for example, it is the distortion of the numbers that fuel thieves often use when doing a runner without paying after filling up. That sort of thing cops don’t like.

I know I can’t point fingers, but I modified a “6” to look like a “G” where there is a “G” in my reg. My numberplate otherwise conforms to the regulations in terms of font, size, spacing etc

Go straight to “Hard Labour” or ship him off to the colonies! (Oh, hang on, I’m from one of the former colonies…!)

There needs to be an issue (crime etc) to pervert the course, so it is a misrepresentation at best! However, @Skyliner33 does flag a valid issue: for example, it is the distortion of the numbers that fuel thieves often use when doing a runner without paying after filling up. That sort of thing cops don’t like.

I know I can’t point fingers, but I modified a “6” to look like a “G” where there is a “G” in my reg. My numberplate otherwise conforms to the regulations in terms of font, size, spacing etc
I actually don’t understand why you modify a 6 to look like a G instead of just using a G. I think a normal G would look better.

As for the other point if you got caught speeding, not necessarily by a static camera then the altered number could be seen as trying to prevent being caught and therefore would be attempting to pervert. Pays ya money takes ya chances.

I actually don’t understand why you modify a 6 to look like a G instead of just using a G. I think a normal G would look better.

As for the other point if you got caught speeding, not necessarily by a static camera then the altered number could be seen as trying to prevent being caught and therefore would be attempting to pervert. Pays ya money takes ya chances.
I’ve been caught speeding (both static and mobile) and the NIP landed happily on my doormat.

The legal profession takes a different view, I reported hundreds of people for totally illegal plates, nobody at the CPS ever suggested that it might fall within an "attempt to pervert the course of justice."
I only hope he wasn't coasting while displaying that registration plate!

The legal profession takes a different view, I reported hundreds of people for totally illegal plates, nobody at the CPS ever suggested that it might fall within an "attempt to pervert the course of justice."
I only hope he wasn't coasting while displaying that registration plate!
If I stopped a car that had a number plate somehow trying to look like their name I used to try and call them that but pronouncing it like the number plate should be if I could (if you get my drift). They used to look at me as if I was daft. :)

If I stopped a car that had a number plate somehow trying to look like their name I used to try and call them that but pronouncing it like the number plate should be if I could (if you get my drift). They used to look at me as if I was daft. :)
I remember plenty of your games for stopping cars!

This is as always down to personal choice. It’s my van and I like it. I would never say to anyone that looks crap. It’s rude and offensive. We all like different things. If you don’t like it don’t comment simples. But I am guessing that will not be the case.

This is as always down to personal choice. It’s my van and I like it. I would never say to anyone that looks crap. It’s rude and offensive. We all like different things. If you don’t like it don’t comment simples. But I am guessing that will not be the case.
Absolutely - each to their own - we all like different things.

Well said

I saw a ceramic tiler's T6 yesterday with the plate 'TILER' or T1LER, however DVLA say that plate is on a Rav4 so maybe another case of misrepresenting the digits.

@cgtmiles
I had that with mine not issued email the the DVLA and ask if it has been issued
They emailed back saying not issued am I interested in it
Yes
They then said it would be issued and put in a timed auction
Starting price £130 no other bidders happy days
You have to open an account with dvla to bid and pay for it
They even notified me when it was released for auction but thats another thing you can sign up for auction notifications
Sounds a bit of a faff but it's real easy
Just got a reply from DVLA, the plate has already been issued and sold so I guess there is someone out there with it on their wall as it doesn’t appear like it’s registered to a car. Hopefully they will put it up for sale one day. Shame, I have a plate with my wife’s initials, the year we got married and then my initials. I was hoping to get the same for the wife’s car but the other way round. :(

Reactions: CAB
I saw a ceramic tiler's T6 yesterday with the plate 'TILER' or T1LER, however DVLA say that plate is on a Rav4 so maybe another case of misrepresenting the digits.
1628864376528.png

Back