What's the GVW of you van? Presuming not a T32, as they have bigger arbs to start with.

No mate, it was another brand which for the life of me can't remember! It wasn't bilstein, Steve was explaining that these shocks have adaptive rebound so make a huge difference to the ride quality

Looks very well. What size are the new alloys? Is there much of an increase in road noise with the change of tyres?
17". No increase at all, in fact seems much quieter! Had standard Continentals fitted and changed to Michelin Agilis cross climates. Might be just me but it sounds more like a car rather than a van now. Its as if the road noise is absorbed by the new Konis rather than transferring through the chassis. Might be talking b*****ks but that's how it seems. Much better ride and the looks alone made it worthwhile for me.

17". No increase at all, in fact seems much quieter! Had standard Continentals fitted and changed to Michelin Agilis cross climates. Might be just me but it sounds more like a car rather than a van now. Its as if the road noise is absorbed by the new Konis rather than transferring through the chassis. Might be talking b*****ks but that's how it seems. Much better ride and the looks alone made it worthwhile for me.
Yeah, I found my van was quieter when I changed my tyres from the original Hankook commercial tyres to the Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15. The road noise that still remains seems more of a deeper tone that is less annoying too. I haven't changed my suspension......Yet

Can I give a massive shout out to Steve at CRS Performance for anyone looking to improve their vans, had a new setup on my T28 today and can only say that I’m chuffed to bits at the difference it’s made to all aspects of driving the van and it looks so much better than before.His knowledge and advice has certainly worked for me… Thanks Steve ….Rob

Can I give a massive shout out to Steve at CRS Performance for anyone looking to improve their vans, had a new setup on my T28 today and can only say that I’m chuffed to bits at the difference it’s made to all aspects of driving the van and it looks so much better than before.His knowledge and advice has certainly worked for me… Thanks Steve ….Rob
Many thanks , we never take praise for granted and appreciate all the comments we get

Many thanks Sir

On recommendations just before Christmas, I had Steve at CRS Performance supply and fit a KW STX coilover lowering suspension, alloys and tyre package.
His customer service is excellent ,so far on a 50mm drop on the standard vw wheels the ride is firm but not harsh .
Very happy and will update when I get the supplied alloys and tyres on and pictured.

Before
0E21DCB7-73CE-4FEB-BB69-F978AE2FEB56.jpeg

After
F5A49518-6139-48D5-959A-8AEFBE7B931B.jpeg

It's a great kit. I bet it rides really well on the standard wheels. I've been half tempted to try mine on my Cascavels just to see.

Any performance suspension system has to be valved to cope with the range that the kit can do height wise . if the kit is certified to do 65 mm drops the shocks and springs need to be firmer to cope at the lowered ride height . if it wasnt the suspesnion will continuously bottom out and that would be terrible for the ride .

The STX kit seems to be well balanced and offers hi levels of comfort for a kit that can do 65 mm .

Spent a couple of hours at CRS last week having the suspension replaced on our 2017 T6 T28 camper...

Steve fitted a set of Koni Active shocks, plus springs and a pair of control arms - no fuss, no bother.

The original springs did raise eyebrows from the guys however - 4 blue markings on 2 of them, was told they hadn't seen this particular set of marks before.....

All in all, well chuffed, handles like a dream now (bearing in mind it's a van!), next job - remap.

Well done CRS, recommended

STOP PRESS…..CRS Performance does it again :):);)

Had the miss fortune to visit VW ( Adblue software) but got a health check…they said wear in the rear spring mounts….not that I don’t trust VW :rolleyes:……Rang Steve ….Just got back from them.. Excellent and quick service …
Had both rubbers changed….. Happy days :thumbsup:

2D67808A-5A4F-4B93-A648-F48EEB5A18B6.jpeg
Competition time…..What’s missing :eek:

Nipped into CRS Performance today for Steve & team to swap standard suspension for KW.

Nice brew, a bit of chat and I was on my way back up the M6 in no time! The ride is noticeably better and the van looks great too!

I'm sure it's even added a few bhp ;)

Thanks again gents

Back