I am not usually one to write reviews however I feel I need to tonight.

A week ago I visited Steve at @CRS Performance to replace the crappy stance+ coilovers which the van came with. I opted for the H&R coilover kit with a 65mm drop. These have been amazing and after 500 miles last week the difference is amazing. No more clenching as I approach a bump in the road, awesome bit of kit.

The guys there were nothing but amazing, coffee whilst you wait and a good chat about all things cars and vans. I noticed a small knocking afterwards which was coming from the tie rod ends, without hesitation Steve got me in last minute today to replace for me FOC. Brilliant customer service.

If you are after anything for your van, Steve is the man. Thank you again Steve and see you in a few months for some new brakes and ARB

View attachment 194288

View attachment 194289
Good set up and I will vouch too. The comfort is night and day.

What set up did you have before the CRS upgrade?

I had some cheap and cheerful coilovers - stance+ which came on the van. Drop of 118 or something daft at the back

Another endorsement and thank you from me - I had a slot today to get my T5 sorted (leaking rear shocks). I made the trip from Southampton following numerous endorsements on here. I was the 2nd one in today following a lovely iridium grey T6 who had travelled up from Rochester this morning (if you are on here - hi! Nice to meet you both).

Anyway I had H&R springs (50mm drop) on standard shocks - I’ve hated them since the day I fitted so was glad when one of the rear shocks started leaking. Wasn’t the springs fault - the shocks simply couldn’t cope and the ride was everything you read (so, crashy).

Fast forward to Steve and son (and some nice cups of scorch) working their magic (koni special actives plus standard springs going back on) and it’s now just lush - corners flat, smooth on the motorway and lovely over bumps. Steve said not to break going over the speed bumps as you go into his trading estate - the van just sailed over without any fuss.

Fully worth my time and the trip up (and the pre-bank holiday traffic on the way home!) - I’m now looking for potholes to dry over.

Thanks again Steve!

I am not usually one to write reviews however I feel I need to tonight.

A week ago I visited Steve at @CRS Performance to replace the crappy stance+ coilovers which the van came with. I opted for the H&R coilover kit with a 65mm drop. These have been amazing and after 500 miles last week the difference is amazing. No more clenching as I approach a bump in the road, awesome bit of kit.

The guys there were nothing but amazing, coffee whilst you wait and a good chat about all things cars and vans. I noticed a small knocking afterwards which was coming from the tie rod ends, without hesitation Steve got me in last minute today to replace for me FOC. Brilliant customer service.

If you are after anything for your van, Steve is the man. Thank you again Steve and see you in a few months for some new brakes and ARB

View attachment 194288

View attachment 194289
I’m going be spending my hard earned soon with Steve.
The ride is so crashy on our Kombi! Every bump is horrendous!

Well worth it, immediate satisfaction when you get behind the wheel! If you’re local and want a feel for what they are like give me a shout, more that welcome to have a quick spin

+1 for CRS, I went for the Koni set up with H&R ARB’s. Outstanding service from the team. Great chat with Steve, funniest bit was when he said jump in, let’s go see what it’s like now, pushing it round corners, hammering on the brakes and speeding up to go over speedbumps lol. Van was totally transformed. Guys really know their stuff.

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

I have been recommending new members to speak to CRS for a few years, so thought it was about time to get my own van sorted.

Brought my camper down to Cannock. Didn't want it dropped, just a better ride, and levelling up; the front is way up compared to the back, especially now with a towbox on it feels as if the front wheels are scrabbling in the air for purchase!

So we agreed on -30mm springs on the front to level it up, and Koni shocks all round.

Walked to the shopping outlet village while Steve's team did their stuff (managed to keep Mrs CAB's spending to an acceptable level with just a £1.99 reduced camping brush for me!! :slow rofl:)

Back to CRS, and there she was, looking all level for once. Took it for a spin with Steve directing me around the roundabouts and over the speed bump, much faster than I would normally have taken them.

Upon leaving, we had a windy trip to our lunch stop near Rugely. It took only a few minutes for Mrs CAB to say that the ride was much improved. I wasn't aiming for potholes, but on those those we couldn't avoid the van was much more composed, no more crashing into them.

Much more car-like in cornering. It is still a van, but the drive is so much more relaxing, I'm not fighting it around the corners. Much better over rough road surfaces, can still feel them but doesn't jar or shake you.

Steve and the team know what they are doing, you can tell that just by talking to them. I have always had no hesitation in recommending anyone who wants a better ride to talk to CRS, and now that I have tried it myself I wouldn't hesitate to urge anyone who is looking for an improved drive from their van to get themselves down to Cannock and let Steve guide you along the way.

Sounds like what we need doing. Roughly how much was it if you don't mind me asking (feel free to PM me).

Thanks,

Pete

Sounds like what we need doing. Roughly how much was it if you don't mind me asking (feel free to PM me).

Thanks,

Pete
There's a t-shirt I've seen, or maybe it's someone's tagline on the forum, "everything's a grand" :think smile bounce:

£1125 incl vat and fitting, but I needed a top mount as well which was about a tenner.

Worth every penny.

There's a t-shirt I've seen, or maybe it's someone's tagline on the forum, "everything's a grand" :think smile bounce:

£1125 incl vat and fitting, but I needed a top mount as well which was about a tenner.

Worth every penny.
Did you need/were you recommended heavy-duty top mounts @CAB?

Did you need/were you recommended heavy-duty top mounts @CAB?
No, the drivers side was fine, the passenger side needed replacing, Steve said it's common due to the increased wear from potholes, grids etc.

Reactions: Bav
Fantastic service from Steve and his team. They yesterday fitted new Wolfrace Dortmund alloy wheels and tyres, plus Koni special front and rear shocks, Evo Technick springs, and H&R anti roll bars. All completed promptly.
The drive back to Barry, South Wales was as smooth as you like,,, a real game changer.
Many thanks to Steve an his team.

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

A massive thankyou to Steve and his team for fitting a set of koni active shocks to my van today. The ride has improved massively and combined with the h & r anti roll bars they fitted last November the van is fantastic fun to drive. Excellent advice and a quick service too. Highly recommended but you all knew that already :thumbsup:

One more huge shout out for Steve and the brilliant team at @CRS Performance

After a bit of a ‘shocking’ experience at VW van centre Marshall Reading, I really do think that the all in plan is just a tick box minimal plan for newer vans! Anyway in need of a swift solution Steve with his immense knowledge was able to diagnose the problem and in seconds provided a solution, booked me in for the work next day. So today after a trip up to Cannock my van is transformed, the difference Steve is able to produce is incredible, like all the other comments and feedback on this thread, CRS are absolutely amazing. Thank you for your brilliant help you legends

One more huge shout out for Steve and the brilliant team at @CRS Performance

After a bit of a ‘shocking’ experience at VW van centre Marshall Reading, I really do think that the all in plan is just a tick box minimal plan for newer vans! Anyway in need of a swift solution Steve with his immense knowledge was able to diagnose the problem and in seconds provided a solution, booked me in for the work next day. So today after a trip up to Cannock my van is transformed, the difference Steve is able to produce is incredible, like all the other comments and feedback on this thread, CRS are absolutely amazing. Thank you for your brilliant help you legends
I saw your van in yesterday, you were next in after Steve and crew had worked their magic on my van.

Spent a couple of hours this morning with Steve and Team at CRS Performance. There are already many posts covering how good the advice and workmanship is from CRS, all I will do is echo how impressed I was.

I've read many forum posts on the different options available, and some of the horror stories. I wanted to improved the ride and looks as well as drop it low enough to fit under 2m (so it fits in my garage) - a tall order? As a non mechanically minded sole the advice from Steve was invaluable and I ended up going with H&R Coil overs and antiroll bars and a drop of around 60mm.

I purchased the van new and hadn't realised just how much higher the wheel arch gap was on the front, a result of the conversion no doubt. 90mins later and the ride is now level. Performance around corners and under braking is greatly improved. I know it's a van but Steve's set up makes it feel so much more like a car with better cornering, much less roll and all without making the ride harsh. Under braking the nose no longer dives down. The 2hr journey home was a joy. A couple of photos below to show before and after, a subtle change cosmetically but a night and day change to driving. Would highly recommend giving Steve a call.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Back