Victron DC-DC doesn’t appear to be charging LB

Euge

2017 T6 Panel Van
VIP Member
Can anyone help please. We’re driving to Scotland and the LB doesn’t seem to be charging from the Viktron DC-DC. Looking at the Viktron app it says Bulk Charging but the LB voltage isn’t increasing. After a 4 hour drive I’m still showing 12v on the LB and we started at 12.1v. Nothing is powered up currently by the LB the power monitor shows 0.8w drain.

I checked the cables to the dc dc and battery and nothing disconnected. Is it correct that the Viktron knows it’s connected to leisure battery?

There will be an inline fuse close to the vehicle battery on the B2B cable, check that hasn’t blown.

The Victron shouldn't be in a charge cycle unless it sees a reasonable voltage, that's how it's controlling which part of the cycle it's in.

Is the Victron showing data being logged or is it showing any signs of maybe getting confused?

Possibly worth pulling the fuse the feeds the Victron and restarting it?

Can anyone help please. We’re driving to Scotland and the LB doesn’t seem to be charging from the Viktron DC-DC. Looking at the Viktron app it says Bulk Charging but the LB voltage isn’t increasing. After a 4 hour drive I’m still showing 12v on the LB and we started at 12.1v. Nothing is powered up currently by the LB the power monitor shows 0.8w drain.

I checked the cables to the dc dc and battery and nothing disconnected. Is it correct that the Viktron knows it’s connected to leisure battery?
What method are you using to tell the Victron to start charging? The auto engine run sensing or an ignition live trigger?

Has it worked ok previously? Has it recently done a firmware update?
I don’t remember seeing a firmware update. Its always worked because I can see it triggering to charge and a charging voltage. Presumably it knows it has input voltage and it knows it’s connected to LB to govern the charge type.

I don’t remember seeing a firmware update. Its always worked because I can see it triggering to charge and a charging voltage. Presumably it knows it has input voltage and it knows it’s connected to LB to govern the charge type.
OK, if you’ve checked the fuses & there’s nothing obvious, it’s time to get the multi meter out. If you have one. We need more data otherwise it’s pure guess work.
Can you post a screenshot of the app showing the input & output voltage of the Victron with the engine running?

The charge is 11.9 - 12.0 not getting higher or lower
Not voltage current (in amps) as otherwise it could be just showing the voltage of the battery and no energy is transfering.

As @Salty Spuds says screenshots of the app would be a great help to see what's going on.

Not voltage current (in amps) as otherwise it could be just showing the voltage of the battery and no energy is transfering.

As @Salty Spuds says screenshots of the app would be a great help to see what's going on.
I just parked up in Ullapool. This is what the app is showing stood still. Not had chance to check if there iis an inline fuse to the battery. That could easily be the failure. The charger might be making voltage but it doesn’t reach the battery.

IMG_8928.png

What does the graph show?

How old is your battery and has it's health been ok until today? (You should be able to see previous charge cycles in the Victron app I think?)

What does the graph show?

How old is your battery and has it's health been ok until today? (You should be able to see previous charge cycles in the Victron app I think?)
It’s only 6 month old and had a few charge cycles.

I just parked up in Ullapool. This is what the app is showing stood still. Not had chance to check if there iis an inline fuse to the battery. That could easily be the failure. The charger might be making voltage but it doesn’t reach the battery.

View attachment 243832
Is that with the engine running? That input looks low.

Ah I was hoping that would show current and previous charge cycles like the 240v chargers.

That's a healthier input voltage, I take it the engine is running now.

The output voltage is still not right though, that's reading the dropping voltage on the Leisure Battery, it should be much higher if bulk charging is going on.

Is there any heavy load on your 12v leisure electrics?

Is the leisure battery hot?

Ah I was hoping that would show current and previous charge cycles like the 240v chargers.

That's a healthier input voltage, I take it the engine is running now.

The output voltage is still not right though, that's reading the dropping voltage on the Leisure Battery, it should be much higher if bulk charging is going on.

Is there any heavy load on your 12v leisure electrics?

Is the leisure battery hot?
Nothing on load at all on LB.

Back