VW All-in plan

Had our van booked in for the ALL-IN check the other day.

VW van Centre Dartford (Beadles) - 8am

1646324956015.png

bit of a dilemma as there call booking system had double booked all the work for the day.

1646326077721.png
an hour later the Service advisor come over sat next to me to tell me the van had failed the test . . . !

when i asked why the answer made no sense.

he said the van had Non-standard wheels and suspension . . . !!! WTH !

1646324981946.png

i told the guy that the van was a 100% genuine Sportline model with the factory suspension and the factory wheel tyre sizes. ( although i had swapped the rims recently, but still used the same tyres)

He said the German mothership computer was showing the van as a base model T32 with standard suspension and 16" wheels . . . . !! ( as per the PR codes)

i assured the guy this was obviously wrong info, so he went back out to the workshop.

after another hour we seemed to be getting somewhere . . . .

1646326045248.png

they checked a second Sportline REG/VIN against the VW mothership and the same results come back.

as we know the Sportline is a UK model tweak . . . and the Sportline-ness is added in the UK after the factory build,

apparently. . . . the garage was telling me that the PR build codes are supposed to be changed when the van is in the UK.?

so when they done the ALL-IN check there was a difference.?

The service guy also pointed out a very good point about warranty claims . . . ie a snapped spring - the computer shows standard suspension, yet the van has -40mm elbracs fitted . . . . . so what happens then?

after another hour . . . . . we have a new outcome.

It passed.

1646324725689.png

apparently the German mother ship has the factory build data.

the van gets fitted out in the UK and the PR are supposed to be changed - but arnt.

any warranty claims will be settled with VW CV UK and not VW CV Germany.

so they passed it . . . .

+++++

Now onto the next problem . . . . . vans passed - but i cant have ALL-IN !!!!!!!!

+++++++

due to me having the factory extended warranty on the van for years 4 and 5, VW wont let me have the all-in as its a double warranty !!

i cant see why not myself as you would only make one claim on one policy . . . but they are firm - i cant have it.

not till year 5 anyway when the factory warranty runs out.

so after all that, its a total waist of time for me - at this point.

ill just have to stick with the factory warranty and the AA for callouts, then have to pay flat rate for service work.

#feelingdeflated

++++++++

@Pauly - when i gave you the VIN for the build sheet, im assuming it come back with a standard T32 build?, or just the base main parts?

the add . . .

1646326102112.png

the small print . .

1646326120016.png

• Sad
Reactions: CAB

View attachment 147656

bit of a dilemma as there call booking system had double booked all the work for the day.

View attachment 147659
an hour later the Service advisor come over sat next to me to tell me the van had failed the test . . . !

View attachment 147657

i told the guy that the van was a 100% genuine Sportline model with the factory suspension and the factory wheel tyre sizes. ( although i had swapped the rims recently, but still used the same tyres)

He said the German mothership computer was showing the van as a base model T32 with standard suspension and 16" wheels . . . . !! ( as per the PR codes)

i assured the guy this was obviously wrong info, so he went back out to the workshop.

View attachment 147658

they checked a second Sportline REG/VIN against the VW mothership and the same results come back.

as we know the Sportline is a UK model tweak . . . and the Sportline-ness is added in the UK after the factory build,

apparently. . . . the garage was telling me that the PR build codes are supposed to be changed when the van is in the UK.?

The service guy also pointed out a very good point about warranty claims . . . ie a snapped spring - the computer shows standard suspension, yet the van has -40mm elbracs fitted . . . . . so what happens then?

It passed.

View attachment 147655

the van gets fitted out in the UK and the PR are supposed to be changed - but arnt.

+++++

Now onto the next problem . . . . . vans passed - but i cant have ALL-IN !!!!!!!!

+++++++

due to me having the factory extended warranty on the van for years 4 and 5, VW wont let me have the all-in as its a double warranty !!

i cant see why not myself as you would only make one claim on one policy . . . but they are firm - i cant have it.

ill just have to stick with the factory warranty and the AA for callouts, then have to pay flat rate for service work.

#feelingdeflated

++++++++

@Pauly - when i gave you the VIN for the build sheet, im assuming it come back with a standard T32 build?, or just the base main parts?

the add . . .

View attachment 147660

the small print . .

View attachment 147661
Oh my good, giddy aunt!

Funnily enough, many of us go for the "All-in" plan for the extended warranty and VW Assist. Didn't they try to sell you a Service Plan?!!

Do you ever feel like you're in the middle of a "Hello, Mr Left Hand. Meet Mr Right Hand!" conversation. (Funnily enough, it is like the "Hello Arse. Meet Elbow. Can you see the difference?" conversation!!!)

Beadles at Dartford were useless when they were Rover dealers back in the 80's / 90's......SWMBO had a little white Metro that went rusty after a year. First time I've seen her really really angry.....

Beadles at Dartford were useless when they were Rover dealers back in the 80's / 90's......SWMBO had a little white Metro that went rusty after a year. First time I've seen her really really angry.....
….and you have done what you’re told ever since?!!!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB

View attachment 147656

View attachment 147659

View attachment 147657

View attachment 147658

It passed.

View attachment 147655

+++++

+++++++

#feelingdeflated

++++++++

the add . . .

View attachment 147660

the small print . .

View attachment 147661
Could you not pay for 2 year service plan at around £4-500 and VW assist at £160 for 2 years. Keep your existing warranty and it's like having the All-in ?
Minus the MOT'S of course

Initial 3 year warranty expired on Tuesday signed up for 'all in' over the phone with the van centre on Wednesday. They currently have 25% off so it is £26.33/month for 24 months which is an absolute bargain imho. Listers Coventry, absolutely no mention of my non-standard wheels and suspension whatsoever. I had the health check the previous Wednesday when the van was in for the second service of the the 2 year/2 service service plan I had taken out previously. I'd orchestrated it so that both were done at the same time and told them just to do the 3 year brake fluid change anyway as I knew it would need doing to pass the health check. What I wasn't expecting was that it failed the health check due to the air conditioning not working (can't say I'd noticed) and needing a re-gas. I suspect this was just a rouse to fleece me of another £40 (to offset their costs of performing the free health check). However I needed the HC to pass that day as I didn't have time to return any time soon so told them to get on with it (bit my tongue rather than asking where the air con gas had gone and that I presume they were going to investigate and fix that on the last day of my warranty, as I just wanted to get the HC passed and get out of there). If there is an aircon problem and the gas is leaking, it will be covered under the new all in warranty anyway hopefully so can be sorted later.

Another little hassle to be aware of. I signed up for my All-in deal after the inspection back in September which it passed no problem at all. I had to take it in the week before last for a clonking sound from the front suspension which turned out to be a broken spring. VW UK turned round and said they would not cover it under All-In because it had non standard springs. Any modifications to factory spec are specifically excluded in the T+C's so technically they are correct. However, they are VW Sportline springs fitted by the dealer before I picked the van up, so VW parts fitted by VW, and even the service manager thought it was ridiculous that they weren't covered.

Hawco Inverness did a great job in arguing my case, and eventually got it covered as a customer care issue. His comment was that All-In is a new 'product' and VW UK are still working out how to apply grey areas in the rules. So, note that even if your van passed the inspection for the program, it does not mean VW will cover anything not in the original build spec, or effected by anything you have done to the van.

It is also worth noting that standard Sportline springs are in very short supply. They had to get mine back ordered from Germany which took a week to arrive, and apparently I was lucky as not long ago they were not even in stock in Germany

Another little hassle to be aware of. I signed up for my All-in deal after the inspection back in September which it passed no problem at all. I had to take it in the week before last for a clonking sound from the front suspension which turned out to be a broken spring. VW UK turned round and said they would not cover it under All-In because it had non standard springs. Any modifications to factory spec are specifically excluded in the T+C's so technically they are correct. However, they are VW Sportline springs fitted by the dealer before I picked the van up, so VW parts fitted by VW, and even the service manager thought it was ridiculous that they weren't covered.

Hawco Inverness did a great job in arguing my case, and eventually got it covered as a customer care issue. His comment was that All-In is a new 'product' and VW UK are still working out how to apply grey areas in the rules. So, note that even if your van passed the inspection for the program, it does not mean VW will cover anything not in the original build spec, or effected by anything you have done to the van.

It is also worth noting that standard Sportline springs are in very short supply. They had to get mine back ordered from Germany which took a week to arrive, and apparently I was lucky as not long ago they were not even in stock in Germany
Glad you got it sorted in the end.

thanks for the update . . . . . . Typical situation - offer you everything, take your cash, then dont want to pay out. o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

I can add to your note for "hassles to be aware of": :)

Had my T6 4M in to dealers last October for an All-in inspection, got it, paid up and did all the paperwork etc.....March this year I decided to sell the van, and when I went to transfer the All-in over to the new owner my nightmare began !!!! VW in their usual atrocious customer services fashion, got everything wrong from the start..................I ended up speaking to 5 different people (4 different phone calls) from VW Cust Services, every single one of them gave me a different answer, one of them even said it couldn't be done, and he ended up shouting that down the phone to me when I told him I had paperwork from the dealer to say otherwise ! Eventually after emailing a complaint, I get a one line response on how it 'could' be done.

I've had to send them copies of the new owners details on the V5 (I had to, not the new owner) and now they're just completely ignoring me, so after more than a month I still cannot transfer the All-in to the new owner. My advice to anyone even contemplating getting an All-in, is run a bl**dy mile, it's a complete joke, you'll spend more time fighting with VW to honour repairs etc than you will doing your day job, it's just not worth it !

Just another way for VW to take money from customers and not deliver !

I can add to your note for "hassles to be aware of": :)

Had my T6 4M in to dealers last October for an All-in inspection, got it, paid up and did all the paperwork etc.....March this year I decided to sell the van, and when I went to transfer the All-in over to the new owner my nightmare began !!!! VW in their usual atrocious customer services fashion, got everything wrong from the start..................I ended up speaking to 5 different people (4 different phone calls) from VW Cust Services, every single one of them gave me a different answer, one of them even said it couldn't be done, and he ended up shouting that down the phone to me when I told him I had paperwork from the dealer to say otherwise ! Eventually after emailing a complaint, I get a one line response on how it 'could' be done.

I've had to send them copies of the new owners details on the V5 (I had to, not the new owner) and now they're just completely ignoring me, so after more than a month I still cannot transfer the All-in to the new owner. My advice to anyone even contemplating getting an All-in, is run a bl**dy mile, it's a complete joke, you'll spend more time fighting with VW to honour repairs etc than you will doing your day job, it's just not worth it !

Just another way for VW to take money from customers and not deliver !

Sorry, but I disagree. Although is is very annoying having to fight for things that should be a given, it is still in my opinion a good value package. On top of the servicing etc, I had my broken spring replaced which is probably a third of the cost of the plan on its own

my kombi failed it's health check in Derby yesterday due to a "squeeky v belt pully".
quote of £315 to rectify.
(non standard suspension was also eliminated from any warranty - no problem with that.)
i was having a bad day anyway so decided to pick it up and think about it.
took it to my regular garage and neither of us could hear any squeeks but he quoted me £220 to do the job - vw won't entertain the all in warranty without it being swapped and on balance i still think it's a good deal - particularly with the 25% off
being self employed i realised by the time i've taken it to my regular garage and then returned it to vw on another day it works out about the same overall cost.
spoke to vw today and they can't do another health check until 20th May and it would be another complete check, not just the v belt pully.
i've booked it in with them for the health check / v.belt pulley and 1st of the 2 included services but i will be making sure the v belt pully and service aren't done until everything else has passed the check. i have an expectation that another "small job" might surface in order for it to pass !
she did say that the 25% saving has virtually paid for the v. belt pully !
cynical i definately am.

All in one check - failure on H7 lights fault code

Had my all-in-one check this week (along with the big service, brake fluid, and first MOT); I have replaced the H4s with H7s and they failed my van as there was a fault code showing.

Service and check done at Inchcape VW Van Center, Trafford Park, Manchester.

I think it is due to the DRLs which keep failing; I have the Lumro white replacement bulbs (blue halogens, not LEDs) and I have a number of times had to tweak the metal contacts in the bulb holder to make proper contact.

I think I am right in that Carista can view and clear the codes, but struggling for time as we are off to the Outer Hebrides on Saturday. Anyway, I will try and clear the fault codes and report back once done and re-checked.

Bit of a bugger as I was hoping to set up the plan when my warranty runs out on Monday, seems daft I know, but now a bit nervous that the engine will blow up on Benbecula :eek:

Strange. My van passed with H7's and fault codes. Have you turned the 'Bulb out' dash light off or was that what they said no on?

Strange. My van passed with H7's and fault codes. Have you turned the 'Bulb out' dash light off or was that what they said no on?
Only get the bulb out light when the DRLs need tweaking, it was all fine when it went in.

I think it just depends on the Van Centre; seems to be a lot of variation in what they all will accept.

Back