Welcome new members

Yes they explained that to me, and also explained that because the end users where not following the correct procedure when opening and closing the roof they were causing all sorts of damage, causing them to replace electric components time and time again, fortunately for me the chap I bought my van off gave me a full demonstration of how to raise and lower the roof explaining in detail what can happen if you don't follow the correct procedure, and he has had the van 6 years and said it has worked a treat for him and will continue the same for me providing I follow the same method.
Did they give any indication of whether they were working on a new electric solution? And if so, when It'd be available?

Welcome to the forum John. Got any pics of your van?

Hopefully you won't need to get involved with the topics covering mechanical issues - it's costly enough discovering all the things that you aren't yet aware of but that you'll absolutely have to have!!:grin bounce:
Hi Bav apologies for the late reply. Some pics of the van. Currently under a big old oak tree covered in sap going to need a good wash when I get home. Can’t wait

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

Did they give any indication of whether they were working on a new electric solution? And if so, when It'd be available?
Hi Bav I'm going down end of next month to see them so I'll ask them how it's progressing and will let you know, I expect you seen the horizon pop top roof video, mine works exactly the same as this video albeit the video is speeded up to save time cos they dont elevate as fast as there video shows, but mine does work beautifully.

Last edited:
Hi Bav I'm going down end of next month to see them so I'll ask them how it's progressing and will let you know, I expect you seen the horizon pop top roof video, mine works exactly the same as this video albeit the video is speeded up to save time cos they dont elevate as fast as there video shows, but mine does work beautifully.
Yeah, seen drooled over that that vid previously. ;)

Thanks for allowing me to join :)

I've wanted a VW Transporter since I was 18.....now 35 years later at the age of 53 I finally bought one!

T6 LWB 4Motion loaded with extras and ready to start the camper conversion process.

Already had one wave from another VW owner (and yes I waved back) :waving:

Happy days

View attachment 224761
Hi Two Combs, I just bought a Candy White T6.1 LWB 4motion and awaiting delivery in Melbourne Australia. I hope to have it looking as good as your van looks.

Hi all
I’ve been on here a few years ago but forgot all my old log in details.
I’m looking for a link to buy some dynamic mirror indicators if anyone has one.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: CAB
Hi All,
New to the forum, I've been a long term transporter owner ranging from my old T2 air cooled camper van back in the 80's, T4 multi van, T5 work van and now our T6 lwb work van I'm converting into our basic camper van for us to see more of the UK.
Looking forward to the knowledge base the forum has to keep the van on the road.

Hi All,
New to the forum, I've been a long term transporter owner ranging from my old T2 air cooled camper van back in the 80's, T4 multi van, T5 work van and now our T6 lwb work van I'm converting into our basic camper van for us to see more of the UK.
Looking forward to the knowledge base the forum has to keep the van on the road.
Welcome to the forum. There's a veritable mine of information on here to help you avoid/mitigate/fix the myriad of issues that the T6 is susceptible to. :rolleyes:

Hi all! Driving nothing (so far) but preparing to make the dream a reality. Shopping for pre-converted T6 and found myself lurking on here so many times thought I might as well sign up!
Morning Sam. There’s a few converted vans listed on the forum - click here

Hi all
I’ve been on here a few years ago but forgot all my old log in details.
I’m looking for a link to buy some dynamic mirror indicators if anyone has one.
Thanks in advance
It’s an old thread but, in short, I still don’t think there are any off-the-shelf kits - you’ll have to buy the LEDs to fit Audi’s and modify your wing mirror covers.

Thanks for the inclusion. Just started the journey on alterations to my van, 2019 T6 SWB DSG 204.. Team Black...think this could get addictive and expensive. New seat covers- nothing exciting, new directional indicators, wind deflectors, insulated and carpeted, first fix electrics and a rock n roll bed. Poptop, fridge etc and alloys will have to wait a bit for my bank account to recover.
G

20240727_214542.jpg

20240728_105302.jpg

20240728_105256.jpg

20240629_181628.jpg

Back