Tried calling the local VW dealer who supplied the kit. They promised to get back to me but no news yet. All the other wiring kits I looked at show earth connecting under passenger seat.

Only thing I can see to attach anything to within reach of the cable length from tow bar is the bolt hole for one of the bolts that holds the spare wheel tray up (see image). However, I've only ever seen male lugs for earth's and it doesn't seem a good idea to have a plastic tray pressing the earth wire ring onto the body.

20210201_163058.jpg

Looking around online I am not convinced earth point 68 exists on the normal t6. The text mentions platform/double cab and image shows conduit/wiring running to rear cross member where presumably rear lights are fitted for flatbed variant.

I would welcome someone proving my wrong.

I wondering if VW have supplied the wrong kit. Instructions only show and mention flatbed variant of T6. All other instructions I've looked at for other wiring kits show both normal van and flatbed. They also also show earth connecting inside at front of van.

@Pauly not sure if you can advise about this.

Kit supplied was 7F0 055 204 B.

Screenshot_20210201-232804_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20210201-232743_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
I know this won't help you but I have a genuine westfalia wiring kit and it earth's under the passenger seat.

Hi,

Recent fitted a tow bar to my T6 Kombi with Westfalia/VW electrics. Tow bar and electrics all fitted and working fine.

However, I ordered a bracket to hold the control unit under the drivers seat. It's mentioned in the instructions as control unit bracket VW no. 7E0.937.535. The control unit clips into it fine but I can't for the life of me figure out how it attaches to the seat.

Tried speaking to the parts guys at the local VW place. They keep promising to look into and get back to me but chase them twice already and 2 weeks have past.

Hoping someone here might be able to enlighten me.

Thanks.

20210311_122410.jpg

20210311_122428.jpg

20210311_122438.jpg

20210311_122443.jpg

Whats in the pic at the bottom? Those two holes look like it bolts to the front edge of the seat base

Yeah. I assumed those two holes on the bracket would like up with some holes on the seat base and I might just need some bolts.
However, none of the holes seem to line up with the right spacing. Not sure if there is an intermediary bracket or something.

Hoping someone with a factory fitted tow bar can post a pictured of their control until with bracket fitted.

I have the same wiring kit to fit so interested in the bracket - I’ll have to read the instructions again!!

My bracket was much easier to fit. Two small blobs of rtv and stuck to the front inside of the left side of the drivers seat base

Yeah. I assumed those two holes on the bracket would like up with some holes on the seat base and I might just need some bolts.
However, none of the holes seem to line up with the right spacing. Not sure if there is an intermediary bracket or something.

Hoping someone with a factory fitted tow bar can post a pictured of their control until with bracket fitted.
The OEM location - left aft corner of right seat base (LHD van though).
Trailer_controller_a.jpg

Evening! Sound like you guys Have fitted the bar and wiring yourself so hope you don’t mind me asking. Fitted the bar all fine and went with genuine VW electrics for the ease of plus and play (or so I thought) Firstly looks like I need to order 000.055.212.A fuse carrier as mine has no second battery. All the BCM stuff connect fine but I must have lost 2 hours + trying to make sense of CHAMBER 30 (terminal 15) to house the black/blue wire. I don’t think I’m stupid but this has got me. Any help would be appreciated

Lol yeah the instructions are great, you don’t need the additional wiring you can make your own with an additional fuse box but if you don’t feel confident you can just buy it from vw on the rear of the fuse box chamber 30 is a black blue wire from memory if you look closely at the rear of the fuse box you’ll see tiny numbers on each terminal port

So go with CHAMBER 30 as apposed to terminal 15, neither are black/blue. The only black/blue is fifty something. 30 is black with a white tracer.

I seem to remember getting confused about the numbering 15 or 30 as well. I forget which I went for now but I remember as other have said they are numbered. It was definitely in the middle column which I believe are all switched lives which is what you are after.

Unfortunately I've tried to plot the whole thing from my memory. Right faff taking seats out, dash, etc.

Still yet to figure out how to mount the control until holder.

There is a bracket to mount the module on officially but it sits nicely against inside of drivers seat base with either Velcro of rtv, @Psc77 is this a t6 or t6.1

I’m sure chamber 30 refers to fuse terminal fifteen is the slot if you count down on the back of the fuse box you’ll find it I’m sure it was black and blue might be wrong

I thought the wires went into the fuse box under the seat and the body control module drivers side dash.

Back