post some close up pics of your setup, wires and fuse block.

also what spec van?

Its a 2017 Shuttle 150 SE spec,, that fuse board is empty with no bus bar.
So I've been out there all day fitting that tow bar module and left this bit to last, thats a ball ache of a job for sure.

I've ordered these.

I'm hoping I can run some power cables from that thick red to the three new holders and join up fuses and we're looking OEM.
Thats the hope.

1650821184229.png

Also does anyone know if Carista can do the job it says I need VCDS to switch the trailer functions on and do the coding?

Arrive Wednesday so it says I'll be doing it straight away, so I'll let you know.

Anyone know if Carista can enable the trailer funtion or VCDS only?

So those clips worked a treat, ran three jumper cables from the factory live that terminates under the seat and everything clipped into the original fuse box with no dramas.image.jpg

image.jpg

Is there a difinitive guide on Westfalia / OEM towbar coding using VCDS? I’ve found a few snippets buried in various threads.

Having put it off for ages I’ve been into 19 Can gateway and ticked ‘69 Trailer’. Done the bits in ‘10 Park Assist’ and the long coding as per @rod_vw excellent write up.

My van didn’t have tow bar prep so wonder if there is another coding change missing concerning the module?

Not tested as yet so could all be fine!

Ian

When the dealer fitted the tow bar to my Amarok, they didn't code it. I just ticked 'Trailer' and everything worked as far as I was aware. At least the parking sensors, radio display, bulb monitoring, alarm when unpluging when the truck was locked all worked. I can only assume that the ESP setting when towing changed too.

I have T6 and am fitting a PJ Jones dedicated electrics towbar kit, I also have a swivel double cab seat with no electrical
points in it.
Any ideas on where the connection would have been relocated too? And what I have to connect the wires to is it just a fused supply? Can I extend the wires?
Many Thanks

I have T6 and am fitting a PJ Jones dedicated electrics towbar kit, I also have a swivel double cab seat with no electrical
points in it.
Any ideas on where the connection would have been relocated too? And what I have to connect the wires to is it just a fused supply? Can I extend the wires?
Many Thanks
I suspect that they would be under the seat as that's where I put mine! You will have to remove seat and swivel base to check. Don't turn on ignition key with the airbag disconnected or you will get a fault on the dash.

D

I recently fired the ECS 13pin kit and in the instructions if you didn't have power under the seat it suggests to route the 3 x power feeds to the battery and connect / mount fuses there.

If you can find suitable supply under the seat it will save you time and hassle. From what I understand the large 8-10awg red power feed that is under the seat is fused in the engine bay at 100a so more than up to trailer feed.

Thanks all sorted my T6 didn’t have a feed under the seat and according the instructions the two wires were connected together and taped to the rest of the loom.
The power was fused at the battery and then just the CAN BUS wires to connect.
The PF Jones wiring was perfect the only problem is the instructions. You really need to study them for an hour or two check what model you are fitting them to and take your time.
Looking back it’s easy but that’s hindsight for you.

Hi Guys, ordered what I thought was the 2 foam fillers from TPS, they have sent 2 of 000 863 890 A which looks like sound deadening for internal panels. Can someone help what/where these parts are for so I can speak to TPS?

You want these

Can anyone confirm which pin in the Black BCM module on a 2008 T6 does the brown and red wire go to. I think its 53 or very close to it

Brown/red trace or Red/brown trace. Which circuit?

Back