What Have You Bought Today?

Yes I’ve also tried fitting it with the tape covered to prevent premature stinking, I would laugh but it’s supposed to be a 5min job!…. Back in the box tried everything cover the tape, clip end first, tried fitting this way that way…..come to the conclusion they do not fit!
Sounds odd. Return and replace?

A transit van run in the side of me, id had it 1 week to the day of the crash.
I've been sulking ever since
I am assuming his insurance is going to pay out? I wouldn’t blame you for sulking - I would too. The wheels would have stayed in the box too until it was fixed!

Do you know if the sill has been damaged or is it all just panels?

from what i can see, the door wont open back quarter door all the step inside but not touched the sill,
it goes in end off jan all gen vw parts are being used.
i have been through all the emotions of im selling when its back to if its repaired ill keep it,
I've dropped the van at vw for cambelt etc today, and told them do not mention the damage on the report or ill go ape lol as i know its there.

from what i can see, the door wont open back quarter door all the step inside but not touched the sill,
it goes in end off jan all gen vw parts are being used.
i have been through all the emotions of im selling when its back to if its repaired ill keep it,
I've dropped the van at vw for cambelt etc today, and told them do not mention the damage on the report or ill go ape lol as i know its there.
I bet you they still mention the damage on the report and mutter some nonsense about being obliged to!

I know what you mean about selling when it comes back….following an accident (slid on ice) I once slipped a recovery driver £20 to make sure he bashed the car further when dropping it off to ensure it was written off and I wouldn’t see it again!

it took me that long to find a van, had crs do the magic supension wise it drives lovly.
just had cambelt tensiner aux belts done today, the only thing vw flaged was the brakes that are sat in my garage waiting to be done, its had dsg done fvwsh, what the insurance pay out im not sure i could buy another tbh
see how i feel when i get it back

Sitting slightly higher at the back because both the rubbers were shot and had to be replaced,so should bed in.

it took me that long to find a van, had crs do the magic supension wise it drives lovly.
just had cambelt tensiner aux belts done today, the only thing vw flaged was the brakes that are sat in my garage waiting to be done, its had dsg done fvwsh, what the insurance pay out im not sure i could buy another tbh
see how i feel when i get it back
I don’t think it is a write-off. You’ve done a lot to the van, would be a shame to lose it now

Steve checks everything when he’s under the van, doesn’t he? Looking really good.
yes,one of the suspesion top things...round thing was really knackered(sorry,not really into suspension),but he advised geting it done as well while it was on the ramps,Still owe him a few quid for doing the back rubber things and that,if @CRS Performance moved into a place with a pub and playpark for the kid's it would be perfect!;)

Sounds odd. Return and replace?
New set sent out, tried again today and new ones still don’t fit….even took a video!
Travelinlite were great they see the video and also don’t understand why they don’t hold/click into place.

yes,one of the suspesion top things...round thing was really knackered(sorry,not really into suspension),but he advised geting it done as well while it was on the ramps,Still owe him a few quid for doing the back rubber things and that,if @CRS Performance moved into a place with a pub and playpark for the kid's it would be perfect!;)
Not sure her in doors will approve of that plan but I like it ,

Yes I’ve also tried fitting it with the tape covered to prevent premature stinking, I would laugh but it’s supposed to be a 5min job!…. Back in the box tried everything cover the tape, clip end first, tried fitting this way that way…..come to the conclusion they do not fit!
That’s poor. If you get a refund try the ones from veedubtransporters. That’s where I got mine from and they have been good for 18 months now.

That’s poor. If you get a refund try the ones from veedubtransporters. That’s where I got mine from and they have been good for 18 months now.
To be fair Travelinlite have been great, I offered to send both sets back but they said keep them with a full refund….will definitely use them again!

Back