What Have You Bought Today?

I've got an Autoterm one and very pleased with it. Just have the bobby basic controller which suits us fine. Heats up the bus quickly and quietly
Well that’s good to hear! I think this one came with the new comfort controller but want the modem unit for smartphone control.

Did it come with the remote temperature sensor?
My convertor did a great job hiding it, can't remember where he said it was !!

Think I will go for a planar autoterm this time.

Very nice, what are they and what is the listed weight per wheel? Thinking of these for my T32.
They are VW wheels. I can’t decide between the plain black version or some banded steels.

Today I splurged on a few items I’d shortlisted for our camper conversion that’s due to arrive in a couple of months.
  • Vango Cove Air II Low drive away awning
  • Drive away Fixing kit to attach the above to the Fiamma wind out awning
  • A groundsheet and internal mat for the awning
  • A mallet to hammer in awning pegs!
  • Cadac Safari Chef 30 Pro QR as our conversion will have an external bbq point
Given stock issues with awnings last year I thought it best to get one now while available.

Today I splurged on a few items I’d shortlisted for our camper conversion that’s due to arrive in a couple of months.
  • Vango Cove Air II Low drive away awning
  • Drive away Fixing kit to attach the above to the Fiamma wind out awning
  • A groundsheet and internal mat for the awning
  • A mallet to hammer in awning pegs!
  • Cadac Safari Chef 30 Pro QR as our conversion will have an external bbq point
Given stock issues with awnings last year I thought it best to get one now while available.
Good move

I've got an Autoterm one and very pleased with it. Just have the bobby basic controller which suits us fine. Heats up the bus quickly and quietly
I fitted one of these last summer - I got the van up on 4 ramps and found my homemade crawler trolley most useful - get yourself some new star clips for the under guards too. Make sure your tank is nearly empty. Watch the installation videos on the Planar/Autoterm website and give them a call if you have any questions- they are very happy to help. I fitted the hot air inlet into the load hook area behind the driver seat and the controller in the b post about half way up. Run it up for 45min once a month to clear the old fuel and it’ll go on for years!
Happy hot camping!

Yeah they are tapped into the illumination wire so only on when you're headlights come on if you have auto or when you switch them on
Hi can you PM me also with link been wanting footwell lights that stay on when driving.

Cheers

Hi, i got some Traveninlite side repeaters for Xmas (T6) thought I’d fit them today but for the life of me they will not click into place given them enough force but still will not fit!….only tried passenger side now given up.
anybody else had any issues?

Think mine were from veedubtransporters but all probably the same. Do they have the sticky pad? If so you really have to push them as far as you can before the sticky pad catches the paint, otherwise you can’t push them far enough to click them in.
Try to fit the other one before you take the covering off the sticky pad. If it clicks in ok then you know the problem is premature stickiness (@JOG just for you)

Think mine were from veedubtransporters but all probably the same. Do they have the sticky pad? If so you really have to push them as far as you can before the sticky pad catches the paint, otherwise you can’t push them far enough to click them in.
Try to fit the other one before you take the covering off the sticky pad. If it clicks in ok then you know the problem is premature stickiness (@JOG just for you)
Thanks for reply…yes they have sticky tape fitted as you’ve said but won’t click in place!

Thanks for reply…yes they have sticky tape fitted as you’ve said but won’t click in place!
Have you tried to fit one with the sticky pad covered so you are able to slide it as far forward as possible without it being hampered by sticking to the paint to test that they actually will fit?
I seem to remember having a bit of a struggle with mine.

Ha ha ha! Premature stickiness before getting it in is no laughing matter (as I frequently remind SWMBO!)

I was hoping to fit my repeaters, climairs and front lower lip during the Xmas break but, annoyingly, it has been peeing rain since Xmas day!

Have you tried to fit one with the sticky pad covered so you are able to slide it as far forward as possible without it being hampered by sticking to the paint to test that they actually will fit?
I seem to remember having a bit of a struggle with mine.
Yes I’ve also tried fitting it with the tape covered to prevent premature stinking, I would laugh but it’s supposed to be a 5min job!…. Back in the box tried everything cover the tape, clip end first, tried fitting this way that way…..come to the conclusion they do not fit!

Last edited:
Back