What Have You Bought Today?

Collected these today.
Had both front & rears done previously 11 months apart by the same company, but the apple candy red ended up being a different shade as they weren't painted at the same time!!
Apparently, with a candy colour this is normal?
So, had them all re blasted & painted again at the same time.
Everyday is a (expensive) school day...

Turned out looking good in the end.
Just need to buy the drilled / grooved 340mm front discs & pads & drilled / grooved rear discs & pads, then change out for all the standard stuff.

T6 brakes 5.jpg

T6 brakes 6.jpg

Last edited:
Like this @Texxaco, easy to fit? Can’t decide between getting this, or a full on Sportline lower bumper
It’s a question of your personal preference, I had the sportline on but it always irked me that it looked out of place. Hence I swapped it out for the simple splitter.

The TransporterHQ splitter is easy ish to fit although you do have to remove the bumper to fit it properly.

Last edited:
Collected these today.
Had both front & rears done previously 11 months apart by the same company, but the apple candy red ended up being a different shade as they weren't painted at the same time!!
Apparently, with a candy colour this is normal?
So, had them all re blasted & painted again at the same time.
Everyday is a (expensive) school day...

Turned out looking good in the end.
Just need to buy the drilled / grooved 340mm front discs / pads & rear discs / pads, then change out for the standard stuff.

View attachment 145664

View attachment 145665
Looks bloody awesome @moomin-j, mine are to go in to be sandblasted and powder coated but something very unique colourway… hopefully.

Looks bloody awesome @moomin-j, mine are to go in to be sandblasted and powder coated but something very unique colourway… hopefully.
Thanks for the comment @Texxaco

You may not see them when driving, but when parked up, a set of old, manky, discoloured brake calipers really does my nut in when sat behind some nice open spoked alloys.

You going for a single colour or a rainbow LGBTQ+ type colour scheme? :thumbsup: :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment @Texxaco

You may not see them when driving, but when parked up, a set of old, manky, discoloured brake calipers really does my nut in when sat behind some nice open spoked alloys.

You going for a single colour or a rainbow LGBTQ+ colour scheme? :thumbsup: :cool:
Totally agree with your comment. It’s going to be a dark purple which depending on the angle you look at it will also show as gloss black.

Mine was an R33 and not as purple, more black. (not the best colour rep as its a scan of a photo print.)View attachment 145769

I like the flared rear arches - a little like an Audi Ur-Quattro, which is my all time favourite car
How many speeding points did you get whilst driving it?
You can't have a car like that without giving it some oooomph...

Last edited:
I like the flared rear arches - a little like an Audi Ur-Quattro, which is my all time favourite car
How many speeding points did you get whilst driving it?
You can't have a car like that without giving it some oooomph...
I love the Ur Quattro as well. I always wanted one back in the day. Only 3 points as it happened. That car appeared in Redline magazine.
I’ve never driven anything else like it. 4WD and 4 wheel steer. Plus somewhere between 400 and 450 bhp. I knew a guy who was running one in at 850bop and when run in the turbos turned up and expected between 1100 and 1200 :O

Bought the V3 DRL from TransporterHQ and sequential black side repeaters from Vee Dub Transporters (with matt black vinyl repeater strip)

I wouldn’t know where to start with all that equipment.

John.
To be fair I just treat it as a learning experience albeit an expensive one. That and having a nice picture to follow helps. Although it's moved on slightly I just used this to piece it all together.

Now actually a cad drawing with some revisions to the stage 1 draft but I haven't brought that home.

20220207_213529.jpg

I’ve fitted solar panels and extra batteries to motorhomes we have had in the past but never full blown electrics like you are going to do.

John.

Back