What Have You Bought Today?

RIB 112 isofix bed system from A1Campers near Peterborough, gone for fitting.....all happening next Tuesday.
Not sure whether to go for fixed or sliding frame as I'm struggling to visualise and get my head around the difference ?
Think visually they look the same and fixed to the van. The only difference being the sliding version allows you to slide the top section 200mm further forward for an increase in boot space.

Think visually they look the same and fixed to the van. The only difference being the sliding version allows you to slide the top section 200mm further forward for an increase in boot space.

I didn’t know it was only 200mm

RIB 112 isofix bed system from A1Campers near Peterborough, gone for fitting.....all happening next Tuesday.
Not sure whether to go for fixed or sliding frame as I'm struggling to visualise and get my head around the difference ?
I would advise going for the slider. Even in a LWB it enables more room and easier access to cupboards (depending on layout) when pushed back. The max storage area to the rear is NOT increased on the fixed as the seat is set forward allowing the rear most third to drop down level.

10D6C50B-9009-4281-8A8C-4A5EA261E380.jpeg
Updated struts installed and bike rack fitted.
Now just struggling to get 2 folding bikes attached, a bit tricky due to small size and limited reach of the first arm.
Given up in frustration for today, I am sure it will work tomorrow.
I guess fitting the arm to the saddle pole is not a recommended route?
Bikes too small for the adaptor for ladies bikes.

View attachment 159973
Updated struts installed and bike rack fitted.
Now just struggling to get 2 folding bikes attached, a bit tricky due to small size and limited reach of the first arm.
Given up in frustration for today, I am sure it will work tomorrow.
I guess fitting the arm to the saddle pole is not a recommended route?
Bikes too small for the adaptor for ladies bikes.
Clamping seatpost is fine. It’s strong enough to hold you up, it will be fine to hold the bike on.

What's the details on that unit Dave?
It’s a Swarey S500 (512WH) only small but ideal for my needs, free to charge off the caravans solar battery it’s PWN supports 2 batteries.
Bought it off a ex workmate very cheap, he only bought it last week and was not big enough for his work van.

I've paid for my blackout screen from Fuel Lagoon. Beth has mocked up my design and sent me this picture of what they'll go ahead now and produce.

View attachment 159590
I got the screen cover through today from Fuel Lagoon and gave it a quick test fit. The logo is not as orange as the mock up sadly, but it's a great addition to the van spend file. £95.00 to create from my design brief.

41AFD041-EB3F-40AD-A4D3-98DB9DD6EAB4.jpeg

3046FC36-F58E-4742-B042-3BFDB5658329.jpeg

@Dotmobile. I agree with @drinfinity the seat post is likely to be even stronger than the Frame. Get the bikes fitted to the rack, get a firm grip on them and see how much (or how little) give there is. Mine is a towbar mounted one and when I do that, you can feel the rack flexing but there's no real movement in the fixing points between the bikes and the rack (that sounded clearer in my head than on the screen but I hope you get the point!).

Back