What Have You Bought Today?

We part ex'd my Mini Cooper Clubman and my wife's MX5 for our 2016 T6 Kombi. We got good money for both but still had a chunk to pay. We love the van though, always dreamed of having a camper, looked longingly at everyone else's on the road but never thought we'd have our own.
And that is what it is about! We wish we’d bought one when the first sprog arrived (he’s ten next month) - now we cart around two sprogs and two dogs in the “party wagon”!!!

And that is what it is about! We wish we’d bought one when the first sprog arrived (he’s ten next month) - now we cart around two sprogs and two dogs in the “party wagon”!!!
Wish I’d done it with the first spog too @JOG my eldest daughter 52 in November. eldest of 4 daughters and 15 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren later, then I bought my T6.1 last Nov first VW Transporter we have owned.

John.

Last edited:
We part ex'd my Mini Cooper Clubman and my wife's MX5 for our 2016 T6 Kombi. We got good money for both but still had a chunk to pay. We love the van though, always dreamed of having a camper, looked longingly at everyone else's on the road but never thought we'd have our own.
Now don’t forget to wave :waving:

Are you going to camper jam John

When our first was born, we barely had a pot to piss in, let alone any cash for a van (we'd *really* stretched ourselves on the mortgage front). He's 29 next month and now VW don't seem to want to take my money. :rolleyes: Oh how times have changed!

When our first was born, we barely had a pot to piss in, let alone any cash for a van (we'd *really* stretched ourselves on the mortgage front). He's 29 next month and now VW don't seem to want to take my money. :rolleyes: Oh how times have changed!
Our first was born shortly after our return from 4 years tax free living in Germany whilst we both worked. We came back to the uk, my wife fell pregnant and we bought a house. That was 30 years ago. The van is still as stretch, but we’re not by any means hard up - by the vast majority of the worlds standard we’re stinking rich. Always grateful for all we have.

Last edited:
Ah, but we were late starters in life…the joys of being “older parents”!

Our first was born shortly after our return from 4 years tax free living in Germany whilst we both worked. We came back to the uk, my wife fell pregnant and we bought a house. That was 30 years ago. The van is still as stretch, but we’re not by any means hard up - by the vast majority of the worlds standard we’re stinking rich. Always grateful for all we have.
Je ne regrette rein! By good fortune, good judgement or a combination of both, everything came right in the end.

We spent the first 25 years renovating, remodelling and extending the house we've now lived in for the past 32 years - bit by bit, room by room, as & when funds allowed. Not the most cost-effective, nor the quickest approach, but the only route available to us.

Now, like you, I can say that we're not hard up, and that we (Mrs Bav and I) were fortunate enough to both duck-out of the rat race aged 54. The van (converted to a camper), will be our present to ourselves for taking the long view and for choosing to defer gratification. And, by hell, we're gonna enjoy it :D

… looked longingly at everyone else's on the road ….

Since I sold my last one they were seemingly taunting me everywhere, everyday, on almost every journey I’d see at least one transporter that would make me look longingly. On drive back in this one yesterday I didn’t see another transporter on the journey at all o_O

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I bought a Rainbow screen cover for the front and rear as I've read they are better for avoiding condensation than the internal silver screens.

Also bought a fan to keep the mutt cooler when we travel to France in August - tested it in the house - it's relatively compact, performs well and is also nice and quiet. Will only use it when we have EHU obviously as it requires a plug.

61-UBGPr-Qy-GL-AC-SX355.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Last year, I too sacrificed an MX5 for a T6 camper. Hard decision but no regrets so far :rolleyes:

Back