What Have You Bought Today?

Big shout out to Travellin Lite. Bought dashboard rubber seal and 16mm door seals.
Fitted them yesterday and my T6.1 definitely sounds like a Golf. Don’t even have to slam the doors, they just satisfyingly clunk shut now.
Happy chap.

Insurance :rolleyes:

I was with Aviva and changed from the JCW to the Kombi on Tuesday with a refund of £63.
Enquired about coilovers and aftermarket wheels today and they said they didn’t cover lowered suspension.
So got a quote from A-plan and Brentacre this afternoon - cancelled Aviva from midnight tonight and gone with Brentacre which starts at 00:01 tomorrow.

In other news, DRL LEDs, golf door seals and dash trim coming too.

Oh, and yesterday I bought a new trolley jack as my old one was lethal.

I didn't think so

My trolley Jack is 2.5 tonnes and I'm a bit wary of using it on my van.
I'm not sure what the unladen weight of a T6 is but I've a funny feeling it's more than 2 tonnes.

I'm not sure what the unladen weight of a T6 is but I've a funny feeling it's more than 2 tonnes.

At risk of sounding terrible at physics, is it fair to say if you lift either the back or the front you're only lifting half the weight (approx), with the wheels taking the remaining load? Of course the front will be heavier due to the engine, but surely within the limits of 2.5 ton jack?

Last edited:
2 tonne? is that enough for a T6?

I didn't think so

Lifting one corner at a time is never going to be more than 2 tonnes per corner, plus it is a Kombi not a full on camper van :thumbsup:

At risk of sounding terrible physics, is it fair to say if you lift either the back or the front you're only lifting half the weight (approx), with the wheels taking the remaining load? Of course the front will be heavier due to the engine, but surely within the limits of 2.5 ton jack?
If only I'd brought my A level physics revision notes on holiday with me :notworthy:. Mind you, the laws of physics might have changed since I were a lad - perhaps a 3 ton van can now self-identify as a bicycle(?)

If only I'd brought my A level physics revision notes on holiday with me :notworthy:. Mind you, the laws of physics might have changed since I were a lad - perhaps a 3 ton van can now self-identify as a bicycle(?)
Almost! I think it is a gender-fluid unicycle!

Back