What Have You Bought Today?

At risk of sounding terrible physics, is it fair to say if you lift either the back or the front you're only lifting half the weight (approx), with the wheels taking the remaining load? Of course the front will be heavier due to the engine, but surely within the limits of 2.5 ton jack?

Lifting one corner at a time is never going to be more than 2 tonnes per corner, plus it is a Kombi not a full on camper van :thumbsup:

Yep, fair point, I did think that after I'd posted.

Nice what are they like ?
I have installed a Renogy 2000w invertor in my caravan this week and it works well.
Already have a 100w panel on the roof but may get a second portable unit for addad charge.

View attachment 160993
525FAB65-1CB0-451D-94C1-63987B1041B0.jpeg2039D6E8-BF54-4A1E-AA2F-5A1B011B5714.jpegBAC722D1-9B79-4BE4-8944-24C48DA201CE.jpeg5F3F8DE6-9F46-4E55-BB80-DE84B484AE9C.jpeg@Johnod17 They are very good quality panels from Amazon I bought one on Monday £169 ordered second Wednesday and they had gone up in price to £189. Magnetic catches hold the panels shut and support legs are velcroed and pretty sturdy.
The panel doesn’t come with a controller or an extension lead as they are advertised as Portable power station chargers, but I’ve doctored a 3 mt lead so that they can be connected to my controller and charge my GEL leisure batteries.
John.

Last edited:
View attachment 161015View attachment 161016View attachment 161017View attachment 161018@Johnod17 They are very good quality panels from Amazon I bought one on Monday £169 ordered second Wednesday and they had gone up in price to £189. Magnetic catches hold the panels shut and support legs are velcroed and pretty sturdy.
The panel doesn’t come with a controller or an extension lead as they are advertised as Portable power station chargers, but I’ve doctored a 3 mt lead so that they can be connected to my controller and charge my GEL leisure batteries.
John.
Thanks for the reply
That looks a nice bit of kit,I like how it has a good carry case for the cables.

X
The Alpicool TWW55 arrived early this morning an amazing bit of kit But it was to tall to fit under our VanKing bed and quite heavy at 19 kgs empty.
I contacted the company I purchased from and no quibbles they are picking it up free of charge and re-embursment of money if I wanted but I’m exchanging it for the Alpicool TWW35 which is smaller and will go under the bed plus difference in price re-embursed.
New fridge will be here by Friday.

John.

Today my new Alpicool TWW35 arrived plugged in my garage and working fine.
I downloaded the app and can control the fridge from my phone.
John.

20220617_184848.jpg

Product Update
The Mini Cadac worked well and cooked a BBQ for 6 last night.
View attachment 159211
Hi Do you use this inside the van also, I'm debating wether to install full kitchen unit ie sink and double hob but would prefer to cook outside when possible.
The reviews for this cadac are excellent and I'm asking would I really need to shell out for a dometic double hob if I had this?

Hi Do you use this inside the van also, I'm debating wether to install full kitchen unit ie sink and double hob but would prefer to cook outside when possible.
The reviews for this cadac are excellent and I'm asking would I really need to shell out for a dometic double hob if I had this?
In short, no! If you have some sort of awning, you’re good to go

Back