What Have You Bought Today?

And there was me thinking Shaw Taylor had made a comeback from the grave with a new business!

I'd never heard of them!
Error! Reference does not compute.

One of these from Amazon so I can now get to work on removing my brake calipers, cleaning the back to bare metal and repainting them.

Question, would it be wise to refit the piston kits while I have them on the bench or leave well alone?

62C9AFF2-F319-44A3-A806-42E26C5C759B.jpeg

After using our Hi Gear chairs for years (like these: Hi-Gear Kentucky Classic Chair | GO Outdoors ), one of the arms tore (but got repaired with gaffer tape) and we finally decided that it was time for new ones as they weren't all that comfortable anyway and only cost us £20 for the pair when we bought them. It was a toss up between some fold flat super comfy recliners and some more but less comfortable folding into a tube bag chairs which were like the old ones but far easier to stow in the van. In the end, we got a hybrid of the two - Outdoor Revolution Pavia. They fold up umbrella style but also offer more support for the back and recline as well. Long term use will tell but so far they seem much more comfortable that the old ones.

Last edited:
One of these from Amazon so I can now get to work on removing my brake calipers, cleaning the back to bare metal and repainting them.

Question, would it be wise to refit the piston kits while I have them on the bench or leave well alone?
If they don't leak, and look in good condition once removed.. then I would be inclined to leave well alone.

Hopefully it's ok to post this today, as technically it was bought yesterday @ Camper Jam from T5 Upgrades, but with the complete lack of internet signal at Weston Park I can only post tonight from home!!

I've drooled over 1 of these since @Texxaco fitted 1, early this year:

Treated myself to a brand new Polo R line MFSW with the correct buttons and paddles for Floyd..

View attachment 150467

@Texxaco - may I ask where from & how much?

I need 1 of these in my life

So after dropping a few hints to Mrs moomin-j weekly, since I 1st saw 1, just so when I did see 1 for sale with the correct CC & not ACC buttons, the pleading wouldn't come too much of a surprise, and really having no luck from the same Ebay supplier that @Texxaco sourced 1 from, it was unexpected to find a brand new 1 on sale on the T5 Upgrades stall over this weekend @ Camper Jam :thumbsup:

Mrs moomin-j has now told me that this is my Christmas / birthday prezzie combined and not to "expect anything else" in the next 12 months!!

Before:

SW2.jpg

As supplied:

SW3.jpg

As fitted by T5 Upgrades in the T6 Forum camping field yesterday & took all of 20 mins for him to swop over:

SW5.jpg

If it wasn't for this Forum, I wouldn't have known I absolutely needed this in my life.

The next decision to make is should I sell my original wheel or keep it?
With only 15k miles of handling it, it's almost like new.
I hate selling things... just in case I may need it for the future.
Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
Hopefully it's ok to post this today, as technically it was bought yesterday @ Camper Jam from T5 Upgrades, but with the complete lack of internet signal at Weston Park I can only post tonight from home!!

So after dropping a few hints to Mrs moomin-j weekly, since I 1st saw 1, just so when I did see 1 for sale with the correct CC & not ACC buttons, the pleading wouldn't come too much of a surprise, and really having no luck from the same Ebay supplier that @Texxaco sourced 1 from, it was unexpected to find a brand new 1 on sale on the T5 Upgrades stall over this weekend @ Camper Jam :thumbsup:

Mrs moomin-j has now told me that this is my Christmas / birthday prezzie combined and not to "expect anything else" in the next 12 months!!

Before:

View attachment 163441

As supplied:

View attachment 163442

As fitted by T5 Upgrades in the T6 Forum camping field yesterday & took all of 20 mins for him to swop over:

View attachment 163443

If it wasn't for this Forum, I wouldn't have known I absolutely needed this in my life.

Decisions, decisions...
@ Moomin-j - John, as long as you can justify the need for the newsteering wheel, then it is OK.
I justified that my steering wheel needed changing, so it was, into this.Screenshot_20220703-205412_Chrome.png

Before:

View attachment 163441

As supplied:

View attachment 163442

View attachment 163443

Decisions, decisions...
Super chuffed you got one eventually @moomin-j I love mine, next on your list, DSG paddles.

Before:

View attachment 163441

As supplied:

View attachment 163442

View attachment 163443

Decisions, decisions...
Sell it, it will only sit in the garage gathering dust and cobwebs.

Back