What Have You Bought Today?

When I wash the van the sliding rear windows drip for HOURS afterwards. I live in a hard water area, so this leaves annoying water marks down the side of my bus. Now, on the one hand, I’m very happy that my sliders actually drain properly, but this tickles my lOwCD.

Solution: Microfibre Madness Dropnetic Mini - a pair of little 2-ply microfibre pads with tiny stainless steel magnets sewn inside. Genius. Problem solved.

36B1C727-F73B-4AA4-B5E5-78EFBCCB66D4.jpeg
D29699E0-D65B-4B03-8E98-DC75203B1684.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought this of amazon #1 best seller lots of good reviews and a fair few not so good !
I have tried it set in different places not just in the van and cant get a signal at all .Would say it was a total waste of money as its a non returnable item!!
However did the chat thing on line and said it didnt seem to work and Amazon refunded me before I even asked for a refund.
So if anyone has one and has any tips as to why I cant get it to work when others can please share as I dont have to return the item and if I can get it to work
then I am on a winner !!:slow rofl:
1658827515934.png

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Small things. Time to get rid of the pesky panel screw head plastic covers on panels in the van.

5953A191-A5D2-4A7F-B64E-A07BA3489BB0.jpeg

Bought this of amazon #1 best seller lots of good reviews and a fair few not so good !
I have tried it set in different places not just in the van and cant get a signal at all .Would say it was a total waste of money as its a non returnable item!!
However did the chat thing on line and said it didnt seem to work and Amazon refunded me before I even asked for a refund.
So if anyone has one and has any tips as to why I cant get it to work when others can please share as I dont have to return the item and if I can get it to work
then I am on a winner !!:slow rofl:
View attachment 166687
@stu3467 - The only problem I have had with this arriel not working, was when the rubber base had come off. Check that the rubber base is in ace before attaching to the van. I usually position it on the roof above the passenger window.

@stu3467 - The only problem I have had with this arriel not working, was when the rubber base had come off. Check that the rubber base is in ace before attaching to the van. I usually position it on the roof above the passenger window.
Thanks for the reply ,however Straight out the box onto the roof all parts seem to be there not sure what you mean by the rubber base ? The version I have just seems to have a bit of foam glued to the underside .Was going to peel that off later to see if there is any dodgy connections inside !

@stu3467 I bought exactly the same aerial and couldn't get it to work at all. I was going to try when I'm next away from the house to see if was something to do with the TV reception whilst parked on my drive.

If I manage to pick up a signal I'll let you know. As you mentioned I think it may be down to a quality issue ... and need to check connections.

@stu3467 I bought exactly the same aerial and couldn't get it to work at all. I was going to try when I'm next away from the house to see if was something to do with the TV reception whilst parked on my drive.

If I manage to pick up a signal I'll let you know. As you mentioned I think it may be down to a quality issue ... and need to check connections.
It was the Sniper aeriel I bought, similar in looks and spec to yours, and I have no problems so far.

Thanks for the reply ,however Straight out the box onto the roof all parts seem to be there not sure what you mean by the rubber base ? The version I have just seems to have a bit of foam glued to the underside .Was going to peel that off later to see if there is any dodgy connections inside !
Have you tried it on a TV at home? At the very least it should pick up some radio stations. I’ve got one and so far I’ve only stayed in one place where it hasn’t worked.

@stu3467. I've got a very similar looking aerial but it has two cables coming out of it - the normal co-ax with plug but it also takes power from USB. It works well enough at home but I have to confess that I've never bothered plugging it in when we've been away as we never really think to watch broadcast TV. If we ever want to watch anything, we plug a USB drive into an android box with a backlog of unwatched stuff on it.

Have you tried it on a TV at home? At the very least it should pick up some radio stations. I’ve got one and so far I’ve only stayed in one place where it hasn’t worked.
Yes tried on a couple of different TVs nothing at all I'm afraid

Back