What Have You Bought Today?

Price was about £140 for two single captains chairs with armrests. Quality seems good, finish is pretty good, though there are some marks here and there from manufacturing and some glue residue. Nothing horrendous. After a clean with some leather cleaner and balm, they looked great. The fit is very good. If you didn’t know they were covers, you’d think they were just leather chairs. However one arm rest on one of the chairs was either made wrong or I was sent the wrong one. It still fits, just not as well as the others, and it’s a slightly different shape. The covers come from Pakistan, and as such delivery takes about 2 weeks, they were honest about this upfront, so not a complaint, just an observation. Overall Im Happy with them. Time will tell how hardwearing they are.
Thanks for that ... really useful info. Photos on ebay look great and sounds like your review matches up with that. Cheers again

Nothing for the van today (although eyeing up some wheels :whistle:).

The wife wanted a hanging pot in the corner of the room and I thought I’d need something long enough to screw through the plasterboard ceiling into the joist to take the weight but found these on good old Amazon…

1FA830B8-B63C-4CAC-9D89-9700900101B7.jpeg

Also bought myself a new camera (this is technically a new camera, but I’ve owned two of the exact same ones before after buying one, getting bored, selling, missing it, buying again, getting bored again and selling again, before missing it again and buying another one:rolleyes:).

@moomin-j Have you managed to change it
mines corroded as well so was going to take it off and spray BUT the bolts seem so tight I'm worried about snapping them off then it's a major problem

Just had this mail:

1663932743590.png

So not tried it yet.
I'll let you know when I do as to what happens...

:thumbsup:

Are you ok with supporting the Russian economy?
Guess we'll take that as a yes then :-/

Perhaps it doesn't count towards their GDP if you stick your fingers in your ears and go "blah blah blah - not listening, not listening"(?)

Sidebars, only gone and bought some sidebars.
Hopefully they'll be delivered and fitted before I go to CRS next week.
Only faux pas is I forgot to change the delivery address to work.
Don't think the chief of staff will fall for the "they're new slippers"
Not once a 7' parcel arrives on the doorstep. :oops:

I bought a VW carbon splitter from @Jon, been eying one since i got Floyd and the price it was up for sale was too good to pass.

Nice one @Jon :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sidebars, only gone and bought some sidebars.
Hopefully they'll be delivered and fitted before I go to CRS next week.
Only faux pas is I forgot to change the delivery address to work.
Don't think the chief of staff will fall for the "they're new slippers"
Not once a 7' parcel arrives on the doorstep. :oops:
I love this, pretty sure we have all been there, the household director has got used to van stuff turning up now, she doesn't even raise an eyebrow,

I bought a VW carbon splitter from @Jon, been eying one since i got Floyd and the price it was up for sale was too good to pass.

Nice one @Jon :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love this, pretty sure we have all been there, the household director has got used to van stuff turning up now, she doesn't even raise an eyebrow,
I've bought all the fluffy stuff like rugs, carpets and pretty lights to keep her happy.
My list is now sidebars, new suspension and wheels as I'm not liking the 20" set up :whistle:

I once bought a very good lens for one of my cameras which cost a small fortune. I saved the online receipt and edited it in photoshop with a massively reduced price, printed it out and left it lying around as she was in when the lens was delivered.

Back