What Have You Bought Today?

I was advised many years ago that the Parent and Child spaces were the worst place of all to park due to the possibility of kids let loose with trolleys while the Parent was strapping the other child into the car.
I just park as far away from the front door as possible and take 2 spaces.
If you look hard enough most car parks have a few spaces that are wider than standard. Or you can find a space at the end of a row and hang over the line a bit.

The new Ridgemonkey XXL.
Love the original Ridgemonkey but always found it to be too small.

A few pics for comparison.
As you can see, the XXL is quite a bit bigger than the XL, it’s also a fair bit deeper too.
It also comes with a folding spatula and a grater.
The handles come in a neoprene case as do the spatula and grater but sadly there isn’t one for the pan like you got with the XL.

7E15DCFD-137B-4ACC-BAB9-846AA1F8BA03.jpeg78709753-6D78-47C1-9E07-8B366B850CDD.jpeg922F9E0D-EE57-4BD5-824B-815F2A6D260D.jpeg

A bit late in the season but just bought a sun canopy.

Opted for a Wild Earth Square (2.4m x 2.4m) in black to match the poptop canvas. Obviously!!! ;)

Already own a Vango Kela IV Airbeam which is great for longer stays, but for overnighters or weekends I think the Wild Earth will be ideal for offering a bit of protection as well as providing a bit more room outside the van side door.
Haven't used in anger yet as it only arrived the other day.
Have to say the kit is tiny! Sewn in Kador strip and ripstop canopy. Comes with three coated poles (5 sections per pole) and all the guylines you'll ever need. Pegs are a bit lightweight but I'll probably nick a few of the Vango pegs or buy some better ones to keep with the outfit.

Looking forward to our next weekend or overnighter now.

A bit late in the season but just bought a sun canopy.

Opted for a Wild Earth Square (2.4m x 2.4m) in black to match the poptop canvas. Obviously!!! ;)

Already own a Vango Kela IV Airbeam which is great for longer stays, but for overnighters or weekends I think the Wild Earth will be ideal for offering a bit of protection as well as providing a bit more room outside the van side door.
Haven't used in anger yet as it only arrived the other day.
Have to say the kit is tiny! Sewn in Kador strip and ripstop canopy. Comes with three coated poles (5 sections per pole) and all the guylines you'll ever need. Pegs are a bit lightweight but I'll probably nick a few of the Vango pegs or buy some better ones to keep with the outfit.

Looking forward to our next weekend or overnighter now.
We have one of those too, in orange. We haven’t bought an awning of any sort yet, but we did buy an Olpro windbreak to create a little more shelter for when we are camping. We used the canopy for the first time at the T6 summer camp and will try out the windbreak for the first time this weekend at the autumn gathering.

I was advised many years ago that the Parent and Child spaces were the worst place of all to park due to the possibility of kids let loose with trolleys while the Parent was strapping the other child into the car.
I just park as far away from the front door as possible and take 2 spaces.
If you look hard enough most car parks have a few spaces that are wider than standard. Or you can find a space at the end of a row and hang over the line a bit.
I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'4", I reckon the signs with a big person and a little person are for us two so we should be able to park there. Seriously why is a decent vehicle a magnet for others? I park miles away yet find somebody parked next to me when I get back.

I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'4", I reckon the signs with a big person and a little person are for us two so we should be able to park there. Seriously why is a decent vehicle a magnet for others? I park miles away yet find somebody parked next to me when I get back.
Same here, when parked miles away. Plus its never a nice vehicle but a load of junk.

Just a quick follow up to say that the little radiator was brilliant and worth every penny. OK, the outside temperature didn't get down to freezing but it hovered around 7 / 8°C at night and we were sitting in the van in T shirts watching TV with the pop top vented windows part open and with the temperature controller set around mid-way (and neither of us particularly like the cold (indeed SWMBO suffers from Raynauds so positively hates it!). It's also completely silent which is better than listening to the fan of the diesel heater whirring even if it is reasonably quiet. If you're on a hook up, it's a no brainer. If anyone's interested, it's one of these:
Hi, realise this is an old post but being a T6 newbie…wanted to ask..I have just purchased one of these radiators waiting for delivery but now thinking that the lead will not be long enough to plug in with bed down? Can I use an extension lead? Any thoughts?

Hi, realise this is an old post but being a T6 newbie…wanted to ask..I have just purchased one of these radiators waiting for delivery but now thinking that the lead will not be long enough to plug in with bed down? Can I use an extension lead? Any thoughts?

I have that problem and have just purchased a single socket to put in the bed panel, just for the radiator.

A short high current extension lead should be OK but a closer socket is better.

Cheers ... I had looked at them on eBay. Any feedback on what is the price, quality, fitting and finish of them would be useful.
Price was about £140 for two single captains chairs with armrests. Quality seems good, finish is pretty good, though there are some marks here and there from manufacturing and some glue residue. Nothing horrendous. After a clean with some leather cleaner and balm, they looked great. The fit is very good. If you didn’t know they were covers, you’d think they were just leather chairs. However one arm rest on one of the chairs was either made wrong or I was sent the wrong one. It still fits, just not as well as the others, and it’s a slightly different shape. The covers come from Pakistan, and as such delivery takes about 2 weeks, they were honest about this upfront, so not a complaint, just an observation. Overall Im Happy with them. Time will tell how hardwearing they are.

Back