What Have You Bought Today?

Been to the Duvalay showroom in Heckmonswipe and bought a sleeping bag system for me and a topper for the wife she already has a camping sleeping bag she likes

A new wheel. Woke up to a flat tyre. Took it to the garage for repair to be told that it wasn't a puncture but a cracked alloy. You may remember I kerbed it in France last October. Looks like over the last 3k miles or so, the wheel has cracked, which is a bugger so bought a new wheel as really didn't fancy getting it welded.

A new wheel. Woke up to a flat tyre. Took it to the garage for repair to be told that it wasn't a puncture but a cracked alloy. You may remember I kerbed it in France last October. Looks like over the last 3k miles or so, the wheel has cracked, which is a bugger so bought a new wheel as really didn't fancy getting it welded.
Lucky boy, could have gone at anytime !
What did you kerb it on in France. I must admit I've hit a few out there too. Roundabout geometry seems different to the UK

Lucky boy, could have gone at anytime !
What did you kerb it on in France. I must admit I've hit a few out there too. Roundabout geometry seems different to the UK
It was a lane divider, where the road split into 2 roads and rather than just paint, they decide to bung in kerbs. Whilst I was at the side of the road awaiting recovery, a French man did it in his car too. Doubt I was the first, nor him the last!

Needed a new tyre then, but the wheel was still round and not cracked so it has obviously opened up over time, albeit a fine crack that has been leaking air.

#7,322

Last edited:
I'm loving all these covers for under the bonnet, but wondering why they don't come on some models as standard.
I'd like the battery cover and these light covers. I have a Shuttle SE so assume only the top spec Caravelle has these. Or are they only on the options list!

Paid for some new wheels and Solow air ride at The Van Cave being fitted next week.
Got to say Chris is next level helpful.
I've wanted air ride since I was a kid, so cannot wait. Also a bonus, the wife didn't kick me out when I told her.

I'm loving all these covers for under the bonnet, but wondering why they don't come on some models as standard.
I'd like the battery cover and these light covers. I have a Shuttle SE so assume only the top spec Caravelle has these. Or are they only on the options list!

I haven't seen them on any T6.1 models, although I am quite green to T6.1 ;-) so they may exist on the posh top of the end models.

I couldn't find any for sale for T6.1 so I bought the 5.1 hoping they would be good enough. They are not perfect but they are better than they were in my eyes

Re the wheel. I'm thinking of maybe getting the cracked alloy welded and then kept as a spare (as I said, I don't want it permanently on the van). Does anyone know if an 18" wheel with 255/45 tyres will fit in the spare wheel holder under the van?

Edit. I have just searched on here and found the answer. For some reason I can edit this post but no delete option.

Last edited:
Back