What Have You Bought Today?

An entire VW Tiguan r-line interior (collected today from Birmingham) and some seat base adapters from @BiTurbo at Busfest to fit them. Just wanted the front seats but it was a bargain to buy the full interior.

Sold the centre console at Busfest to Dan Birch from Simply Surf Bus! He’s building a caddy and wants to use it so I didn’t even need to get it home and re-list it.

I’ll put up some pics when I get to it but it might be a couple of weeks as I’m away from home for a bit now.

IMG_0970.jpeg

IMG_0968.jpeg

It would be great to hear your thoughts on this package once you've fitted. Looks like a great alternative to the Alpine kit, which gets quite a few comments about being overly 'bright' on the treble. I've been looking at the Gladen kit myself recently - looks impressive...
yep , love to know what you think

All in plan from VW, £37 a month for 2 services, 2 MOTs, 2 years roadside assistance and 2 years warranty. Van was registered in April 2018 so this'll be the last time I'll be able to have the VW warranty.

I am struggling to hold off the expensive continuation of turned the interior black (or at least the bottom half)........ door cards, B pillar plastics (one of them is on backorder anyway) etc, however as I have a LWB shuttle I cannot just stop there so its REALLY expensive if I go VW route for sliding door cards/blind covers etc.

Resistance is futile, I know I know! Once you start you can't stop. :D

I am struggling to hold off the expensive continuation of turned the interior black (or at least the bottom half)........ door cards, B pillar plastics (one of them is on backorder anyway) etc, however as I have a LWB shuttle I cannot just stop there so its REALLY expensive if I go VW route for sliding door cards/blind covers etc.

Resistance is futile, I know I know! Once you start you can't stop. :D
I wrapped my bottom B pillar in a black cloth material. Cheap as chips!

Looks like a nice piece of kit
Yes John I hope that this will be the awning we need as we borrowed our sons movelite 4 for busfest but I found it really heavy putting it up and taking it down, and the pop up we had was useless in high winds when we went to the Isle of Wight in July the high winds we had kept blowing the roof in.

John.

Another set of anthracite LWB shuttle rear panels from ebay.. :D as part of my "go dark plan". So that is a four hour each way drive hopefully Saturday morning from Kent to Telford and hopefully collecting a set of matching Caravelle sliding door cards along the way.

Why do I have two sets? Well they only supplied this colour over a limited timescale (2006-2011) and as I tend to use mine as a bit of a workhorse, even with a Rhino load liner I still get minor damage so would like a "nice" set for the eventual day it gets sold as a Shuttle.

Oh and some insulation from B&Q as whilst I wont use as a camper or sleep in it, maybe it will help with noise reduction etc and hell why not! You lot are terrible in giving me more ideas.

Would love to know what you think of this awning. This is the one I have my eye on.
I haven’t got it yet as I paid for it yesterday and it’s supposed to arrive tomorrow and when we get a nice day I will put it up on my driveway and let you know what it’s like.
Blacks was the cheapest I could find at £686, with 15% discount code.

John.

@snavebelac my Berghaus 300 air awning arrived today, I’m unable to put the awning up as the weather is terrible here, but I’ve taken it out of it’s bag and it’s very good quality material, the bag is excellent with quick release straps and wheels which make it very easy to pull around.
It’s a bit tight in the bag but I’ve removed the bedroom as we won’t be using it and the awning went in the bag easier, I’m really pleased with it and once we get a decent day I will put it up.

John

Back