What Have You Bought Today?

An Ablemail 12-2 Be gone starter battery issues! £65 from Simply Split Charge Ltd. Supplied with nice rubbery spade connectors too quick delivery, can't knock it!

20231012_183640.jpg

View attachment 216685

1st purchase for the new van.
Couldn’t resist the 20% off on Leighton parts at the minute. Hopefully will look ok with coilovers on my Ascot grey van due in December.

They will look great on Ascot Grey. Also made use of the 20% Leighton Parts sale with an LV-R rear bumper, was going to go for the steering wheel as well but will save that for another day!

Would be interested in a quick review / opinion on the magnetic lights pls Dave.
For what it's worth, I bought a similar light last week for my pop top to show stuff on the hatch cover/shelf which would otherwise be in shadow and it's absolutely brilliant (literally). In practice, I only use the on/off switch but it can do PIR and motion switching as well. The underside of my pop top is carpeted so I stuck bits velcro 'hook side' to the little metal plates and the light attaches to those magnetically (ordinarily, I'd post a picture for you but it's raining and I don't really want to put the roof up to take it). Mine is one of these but it was only £10.97 (or 2 for £19.99) when I bought it:

Last edited:
Would be interested in a quick review / opinion on the magnetic lights pls Dave.
Hi @TeeCeeJay, the lights seem to be pretty good. They have 3 levels of brightness and whiteness of light. There are 2 lights in the pack and 6 magnets so that you can have 3 different fixed locations that the lights can be swapped between. The magnets have a pre-drilled hole and come with small screws so that they can be fixed in place.
I didn’t find many places in my van that were bare metal that the light itself would magnet onto. What I have done as a trial is to stick some Velcro strip onto 2 of the magnets to test one of the lights in a location where I think it is needed. We want a low light with a sensor to switch it on in the doorway where the porta potti is located at night. We want a low light to see by, but not that lights up the whole van, and one you don’t need to fumble for the switch. These should do the trick nicely.

IMG_2215.jpeg

Hi @TeeCeeJay, the lights seem to be pretty good. They have 3 levels of brightness and whiteness of light. There are 2 lights in the pack and 6 magnets so that you can have 3 different fixed locations that the lights can be swapped between. The magnets have a pre-drilled hole and come with small screws so that they can be fixed in place.
I didn’t find many places in my van that were bare metal that the light itself would magnet onto. What I have done as a trial is to stick some Velcro strip onto 2 of the magnets to test one of the lights in a location where I think it is needed. We want a low light with a sensor to switch it on in the doorway where the porta potti is located at night. We want a low light to see by, but not that lights up the whole van, and one you don’t need to fumble for the switch. These should do the trick nicely.

View attachment 216853
great stuff. Thanks Dave.

Yet another thing I didn't realise I absolutely need...
Try not to worry about it too much - there's hundreds (possibly thousands) of others out there to drain your bank accounts (and almost as many T6F members willing to push you in the right direction).

View attachment 216853
Considering getting a couple of these to light-up around the awning guy ropes at night. Would have been better if I'd have had some BEFORE I tripped and fell arse over tits, but hey. :rolleyes:

Considering getting a couple of these to light-up around the awning guy ropes at night. Would have been better if I'd have had some BEFORE I tripped and fell arse over tits, but hey. :rolleyes:
I've used the cheap and cheerful USB charged light up dog collars to mark the mooring pins on the narrowboat.

They don't always make it through the light on a charge but they do enough.

Example (not recommendation)

Back