What Have You Bought Today?

Some fancy touch up paint as there are a growing number of nicks in the bonnet and a rather worrying sign of rust on the scuttle seam that I'm a bit shocked at given the van is 3 years old and is one of the allegedly "premium" configurations...
20240620_092019.JPG

I bought a USB-C 12v PD Trigger/decoy cable to power my 4G router from the van

20240620_130053.JPG

More details on my tinkering thread here, but summary is the VW sockets don't seem to support anything over 5V but all is not lost...

Ordered 8 weeks ago. Arrived today. Very happy. View attachment 247027

Nice! Where is yours from? Presumably insulated? Saw some nice ones at the campervan show last weekend from Custom Camping, but thought they were kind of pricey. They do come with a stuff bag, which is a bit long, or there's also a strap provided to keep it tightly folded in a bundle that would easily fit in a cupboard or under the rear seat/bed.

View attachment 247442View attachment 247443

£1.50 in a local poundworldland type shop. Something to help Mrs.G get in & out the side door while I ponder other options. Just have to remember to remove before slamming the door shut :whistle:
The other end of the solution scale would be to fit air suspension - "it's a lot easier to get in and out when we're aired-out dear...:whistle:"

You can retrofit the handle in the B pillar, there's a guide somewhere on here. Not as easy as the A pillar handle I seem to recall.
Yes, I've studied that option and decided it's above my paygrade :oops: The problem seems to be that the OEM grab handle is only designed for Caravelle/Kombi models, and needs a bit of DIY innovation to fit it in an ex-panel van.
Another option may be something like this which would certainly be easier to remember is there before closing the door. Anyone tried one?

96edef24-a4e2-497a-acd6-8b9f9aa63156.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

I'd worry about the wife slamming the door shut on that :rolleyes:
Preferable to the times I've inadvertantly slammed the door shut on the wife's fingers o_O
But yes, that is a concern. She's suggested attaching a cord of some sort that will make it more noticeable. I'll leave it up to her, then it won't be my fault :whistle:

Yes, I've studied that option and decided it's above my paygrade :oops: The problem seems to be that the OEM grab handle is only designed for Caravelle/Kombi models, and needs a bit of DIY innovation to fit it in an ex-panel van.
Another option may be something like this which would certainly be easier to remember is there before closing the door. Anyone tried one?

View attachment 247529
I’ve looked at these for access to clean/maintain the poptop. I haven’t gone for it as I’m worried about my ample weight on the B pillar.

Not sure about this to help someone access the vehicle as this relies on the direction of load being straight down

Back