What Have You Bought Today?

Not a great choice of insult there, @t6blo. There may be some on here (like me) who have offspring with special needs and might (unike me) take exception to that word.

Besides which, I've got 3 pairs of crocs. :p

Yet in the post immediately before this you are insulting someone by calling them a wuss :whistle:

Oh the irony - and from a moderator too :rolleyes:

Yet in the post immediately before this you are insulting someone by calling them a wuss :whistle:

Erm this is a weak deflection - I'm neurodivergant, despite my social disability it's clear to me what the intent is here

the word Mong (a person who has an intellectual disability, especially one associated with Down’s syndrome (often used as a general term of abuse))

relates directly to people with disabilities and qualifies in this instance as per the forum terms and rules as something that is likely to offend. You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful,

Wuss - a weak, cowardly, or ineffectual person whilst potentially being deemed as offensive depending on context is not classified as a discriminatory term by law and thus it is for both @JOG (AGAdododon't) and @Bav (multiCrocfather) to clarify whether banter or insult was intended or received.

:whistle:

??

Wuss
noun
A weak or ineffectual person.

Mong
noun
A person who has an intellectual disability, especially one associated with Down’s syndrome.

Hardly comparable, even for a non-moderator.

I'm not sure the title can be passed on to my children but following the purchase (rental of a small portion, terms and conditions may well apply) of a small Southern Isle I now find myself the new Lord of a Manor.
It was a thankfully brief ceremony involving the exchange of a small plastic certificate and a few words explaining expected ceremonial duties and maintenance included therein, anyway behold peasants and arise. :geek:

IMG20240717175623.jpg

Hope you don't have Amazon prime membership...

The double sizzle is currently £87 and the single is £51 on the prime day deals.

Go outdoors price is £129?
£117 & £58 respectively right now on Amazon, not sure why you're seeing different prices. Don't have Prime membership, but do get additional 10% discount in GoOutdoors, so paid £116

And today, the double is £102 for non-prime members. Damn my habit of checking prices after I've bought something :mad:

Also saw this, which at 750W could be a good option too:

Prime is free for 30 days isn’t it?? Sign up, buy stuff then cancel. Can you return the GoOutdoors stuff if it saves a bunch?

Prime is free for 30 days isn’t it?? Sign up, buy stuff then cancel. Can you return the GoOutdoors stuff if it saves a bunch?

Probably only works once, and probably trying to cancel the free trial is like trying to cancel auto-renewal insurance policies :whistle:
Anyway, I'm not really that cut up about paying about 15 quid more than I might have done (swings and roundabouts: other stuff I've bought for the van I've unexpectedly got at considerably reduced prices), and I'm also a bit old fashioned, in that I still prefer when possible / practical to buy certain items (such as electronics / clothing) from a physical store that I can return stuff to when / if it breaks / doesn't fit etc. instead of all the rigmarole of packaging it up to return it, and then waiting....

But still....damn Amazon for constantly changing their prices! I think their algorithm must be broken, because if it was scanning this thread and all the interest in the Vango Sizzle, the price should have gone up surely?

Moving on, I have a question for fellow Sizzlers: mine was missing the instructions (I know, I know!) and I can't figure out what the "heat lock" function is for, or how it works. Surely if you want to keep stuff warm, you can just turn it down to the lowest setting?

Now today's mod may not be to everyone's taste, but I thought I'd give it a go.

I seen this originally on a caddy, and quite liked it.

Total cost - £8.94p from Temu.

5m flat one sided led light (cuts to size)

Although this looks pink, it's actually purple, but my phone can't seem to capture the true colour.

Simply wired to the step light, and tucked (perfectly) into the rubber around door.

20240717_190251.jpg20240717_190257.jpg20240717_204119.jpg20240717_205147.jpg

Back