What Have You Bought Today?

12 litre Really Useful box that was the closest I could get to fitting under the middle centre seat in my T6 Shuttle. A few cm wider would have been even more really useful, but bungee ties it is! Height is great, only about 1cm gap for that central strut.
Planning to use it for a medical kit, two weeks around the Jurassic Coast with two kids and a puppy..

1722590194879.png1722590488722.png

*EDIT* As for the outer seats, which have only 7cm height throughout but a useful 17cm width, I did find this which will fit in the larger space before the lowest point.
1722592685172.png

Reviews say it's flimsy, we'll see.

Last edited:
Bored now of buying air awnings, we've moved on to Cadacs.
Smaller and easier(?) than our big Cadac, hoping this does the job in Skye shortly.
Also a handy table to support it, where I can watch the Mrs perform culinary miracles while I observe, helpfully nursing beers. She's a goodun....

View attachment 253227
Been pondering the 2 cook 2 or the 2 cook 3...............

Been pondering the 2 cook 2 or the 2 cook 3...............
I've got the 2 cook 3 pro qr, it's great

1000008048.jpg
Apart from one thing - it doesn't go low enough. The burners are quite large and even on the lowest setting I was finding that pasta was boiling over and it was hard to keep a pan of something just simmering gently, there was too much heat.

Bored now of buying air awnings, we've moved on to Cadacs.
Smaller and easier(?) than our big Cadac, hoping this does the job in Skye shortly.
Also a handy table to support it, where I can watch the Mrs perform culinary miracles while I observe, helpfully nursing beers. She's a goodun....

View attachment 253227
If you require any side wind breaks for your Cadac, I have some from Grim Reaper for sale. £25 a set.

If you require any side wind breaks for your Cadac, I have some from Grim Reaper for sale. £25 a set.
The 2 cook 3 comes with little side wind breaks built in, it will be interesting to see if they do the job, I could well be in touch with you! Cheers @BoroBoy

I've got the 2 cook 3 pro qr, it's great

View attachment 253321
Apart from one thing - it doesn't go low enough. The burners are quite large and even on the lowest setting I was finding that pasta was boiling over and it was hard to keep a pan of something just simmering gently, there was too much heat.
Wifey is wondering if you could either use one of the 'plates' to put a pan on to reduce the heat a bit, or even use the supplied coffee pot holder which we would never use for its intended purpose? We'll find out shortly!

I kind of get why @Drive Wayne asked the question. It's a personal preference but like quite a few tenters and vanners, our camp cooking kit tends to be a bit more lightweight than your average domestic stuff (I've never weighed it but I reckon even our large Ridgemonkey weighs less that the small Le Creuset saucepans that we use at home). On that basis, using one of the Cadac plates to reduce heat might well be a good idea - I wonder how much energy would be lost between the plate and saucepan though? An experiment is obviously bneeded.

Back