What Have You Bought Today?

Bored now of buying air awnings, we've moved on to Cadacs.
Smaller and easier(?) than our big Cadac, hoping this does the job in Skye shortly.
Also a handy table to support it, where I can watch the Mrs perform culinary miracles while I observe, helpfully nursing beers. She's a goodun....

View attachment 253227
@Drive Wayne I changed recently over from my trusty Cadac Cari Chef to the 2 Cook 3 and absolutely love it. Much easier and smaller to pack way and great to be able to do the fry up and get the beans on at the same time

I kind of get why @Drive Wayne asked the question. It's a personal preference but like quite a few tenters and vanners, our camp cooking kit tends to be a bit more lightweight than your average domestic stuff (I've never weighed it but I reckon even our large Ridgemonkey weighs less that the small Le Creuset saucepans that we use at home). On that basis, using one of the Cadac plates to reduce heat might well be a good idea - I wonder how much energy would be lost between the plate and saucepan though? An experiment is obviously bneeded.
Never mind a large Ridgemonkey weighing less than a small Le Creuset pan, I reckon a large ridge with monkeys on it would weigh less.

@Drive Wayne I changed recently over from my trusty Cadac Cari Chef to the 2 Cook 3 and absolutely love it. Much easier and smaller to pack way and great to be able to do the fry up and get the beans on at the same time
I'm hoping her indoors feels the same next week! Do you find the little built in windbreaks do the job, or will we need some of the special bolt on wings?

I'm hoping her indoors feels the same next week! Do you find the little built in windbreaks do the job, or will we need some of the special bolt on wings?
I tried them initially but they didn’t work very well (better than nothing however) so I got some of the windbreaks from @Grim Reaper which work brilliantly. They also stop any splatter to the sides. I used aluminium rivnuts using the bolt, nuts and washer fitting technique.

I tried them initially but they didn’t work very well (better than nothing however) so I got some of the windbreaks from @Grim Reaper which work brilliantly. They also stop any splatter to the sides. I used aluminium rivnuts using the bolt, nuts and washer fitting technique.
That sounds like what we will do, for next week I might enclose wifey in Jormax!
I've heard rumours that @Matt-T68 is the expert in fitting those windbreaks!?

Back