What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Just returned from Jaibow (Holmfirth) who fitted a new rubber wind-deflector for my Hilo Sport roof after the original was removed during windscreen replacement. Great service from Jason (owner) who fitted me in at short notice and didn't charge the earth to supply & fit.

Unfortunately, driving back, I discovered the radio couldn't find any DAB or FM stations (didn't try AM) and the heated windscreen didn't work either (it just kept switching itself off after a couple of seconds). I will post elsewhere to get confirmation, but I strongly suspect the windscreen company f*cked-up and didn't reconnect the aerial and heater elements. What's the betting they need to remove the windscreen (and the new wind-deflector I've just paid for) in order to resolve? :mad:

Not mine, but fitted a Renogy 40a dc-dc and a Fogstar drift into my mate’s T6.
All the 12v to put in still and a bus bar etc, but needed to get to this stage so a diesel heater can be fitted.
Restricted the Renogy to 20a (Fogstar recommend 20-30% of capacity as max) and it all works a treat.IMG_5875.jpeg

So today was Police friendly LED fogs. Thanks @Drive Wayne and then the one thing that has REALLY bugged me....
View attachment 229457
View attachment 229458
Somewhere to put the sunglasses at last!!! It's the small things! No bracket so I made a 6mm marine ply template and screwed into that behind the headliner. Doesn't need to carry weight and works perfectly.
Can't wait to meet this van of yours in April, oh and you and the Mrs!

Washed it for the first time in ages.

1000006618.jpg
1000006620.jpg
1000006619.jpg
I need to get this thing ceramic coated, even a 'quick' wash took well over 2 hours...

It doesn't need a full correction, just the worst taking out (TBF, there's a lot that needs correcting) as it'll no doubt get subjected more scratches over time. Just need it to be much easier to clean!

They're doing mine soon, can't wait
It’s the best thing I’ve done so far. I have the THQ LEDs in the projectors for the dip beam and was worried they’d be dazzling to oncoming traffic but the cut-off is crisp so no issues. Coding for dip to remain lit when high beams come on is confidence-inspiring on the back roads too.

Back