Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Oh yes. I think they have been selling them all this years. They still do. Mine came through commercial vehicles. The closed van is by far the most common ones, sprinkled with some passenger vans here and there. Lately, other brands have gained over VW. Pegeout for instance. Toyota's Hiace is the eternal "enemy" but Transporter is a much more comfortable and fuel efficient option. Frito Lay / Pepsico is a heavy, heavy user of the T6, modified though. When I get back home I will post a photo of such vehicles for all to enjoy.

Hi there,
As posted originally in my introduction to this forum, I am from Monterrey, Mexico located NE of the country.

This week I am visiting Mazatlan Mexico in the west coast of my country. Traveling with my extended family to address the testament of my mother-in-law who recently passed away. The extended family basically being three sisters-in-law, a niece, my wife and a son.

My 2018 T6 TDI (100hp), 9 pass, 5 speed manual is such a blessing; space, lots of luggage, fuel economy, dual A/C in very hot climate. Just great!

Due to the pandemic this T6 has become my daily driver (sold my beloved VW Sportwagen, TDI SE to pay accumulated debt).

I do not intend to convert it into a camper van but hope to be able to modify its looks somewhat. I do intend to keep it in the long haul. So far, 82k kilometers in the clock.

Bellow a shot of one of the beaches of Mazatlan.

End of report ...for now. ;-)View attachment 166560
In this photo, bellow right, you can see a Pepsico T6 delivering goods. When I get back home I will post a photo of the complete rig. If they didn't end that battered at the end of their life cycle, they might become a good base to make a good camper van.

Last stop before we went home we love iron bridge it’s where I asked my girlfriend at the time to have my children we bought a bear from bears on the square and named it Darby after the designer of the bridge and my daughter still has it great memories

4595990C-DADA-4721-B379-9C9C6A3070A2.jpeg

73DAD765-ADD6-4DE3-8230-31A696B26C7C.jpeg

F3C05C31-CD1A-44F6-A049-235D6AC85EA0.jpeg

Had to go into the office today :(
30 mile round trip by going the long way there and back :thumbsup:
Checking my van CCTV from my desk was the highlight of my time at work.

Took it to the VW Van centre in Manchester for it's eligibility check for the All in. My van is passed its 3 years on Saturday so they said they'd contact VW on Monday to set it up. I pointed out that the 25% discount runs out at the end of July, so one of the girls in the reception said she'd do it for me on Saturday as she is in work. I hope she remembers!

2 parking spots, not taking any chances then :whistle:
His springs were in the back so needed to open my tailgate so lined up away from the metal posts behind the van, this was a largely empty supermarket car park and we were away from the entrance

Back