Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

I’ve been to the detailers for a wash!

Washed it myself on Sunday and the paint felt like sandpaper, saw on Facebook on Monday that quite a popular local guy was having 20% off on certain dates this month to fill his diary, got booked in for today! Very pleased!

Had a decontamination and finished with Swissvax

IMG_2718.jpeg

Skye. Camping and caravanning club site, Edinbane, East Portree.
The positive? No midges or mozzies.
Why? It's blowing a gale and raining hard.
Teepee tent up, still up.
Fiamma, wound back in, just in case.
A true test of family harmony before bedtime!
Tomorrow's weather forecast is 40mph winds, rainy and sunny.
Van performed brilliantly though, didn't miss a beat.
View from the poptop, Loch Greshornish, I'm sure it will be lovely during a sunny spell tomorrow!

Screenshot_20240808_225257_WhatsApp.jpg

Skye, day 2.
A trip to Quiraing on a blustery day but not rainy up there, amazing scenery and a walk up as far as we could go.
On the way back a superb Cafe recommended by @Martinf , The Hungry Gull, well worth a stop, but get there before 3.30 or after 5, it closes between those times.
The Old Man of Storr was just up the road from there, with his head buried firmly in the clouds.
The weather gets better over the next couple of days, gosh it's been rainy and windy, all at once, but totally worth the trip.

20240809_143845.jpg

20240809_145401.jpg

20240809_153255.jpg

IMG-20240809-WA0010.jpg

Venice.
1723242458088.jpeg
Tightest car park I have ever been in!
LWB van was a nightmare to get up and down to 8th floor of the car park, but it was secure and as near as you can get to the water taxis to Venice.
If you go to Venice, be warned "Garage San Marco" is as tight as it gets and you will leave with higher blood pressure than you can imagine!
You have to leave the keys in van and vehicle unlocked and I was glad of VW App to break the rules and lock the van anyway!
On leaving, the parking guy smiled and said "Good luck" and it was tighter on the way down than up! I recon 10mm per side of high kerbs on spiralling descent.... kids piped up with their argumentative ways at the worst time and wife was silent... indicating that she knew I was properly displeased with the choice of car park!

Last edited:
Skye, day 2.
A trip to Quiraing on a blustery day but not rainy up there, amazing scenery and a walk up as far as we could go.
On the way back a superb Cafe recommended by @Martinf , The Hungry Gull, well worth a stop, but get there before 3.30 or after 5, it closes between those times.
The Old Man of Storr was just up the road from there, with his head buried firmly in the clouds.
The weather gets better over the next couple of days, gosh it's been rainy and windy, all at once, but totally worth the trip.

View attachment 254475

View attachment 254476

View attachment 254477

View attachment 254479
Once the clouds clear you will get proper views into the distance Wayne.
You miss so much on Skye when it’s cloudy

Back