Is this the T8 in Ford (dis)guise ??

I think it looks ok, but @Loz said it’s still a wet belt, so that’s me out.

Great idea in theory, lowers engine noise and increases mpg, but no good if the belt degrades whilst sat in a puddle of oil.

Might keep the van and go for an Amarok (but not if it’s another wet belt) or might see what’s left in the way of 6.1 4-Motions in Jan/Feb next year.

A bit of a better look at one
OMG he sounds like he wants be Quentin Wilson… a little too excite at 13”s

Bold move by VW to “partner” with Ford. I think there‘ll be a lot of loyal transporter owners arriving at show rooms when this launches going “wtf?”. Question is will it hurt their sales figure…. Probably not, ppl will still buy them because it’s badged VW and because there’s few alternatives.

Those looking for a recreational vehicle or more refined MPV will be directed to the T7 or Buzz.

Last edited:
After watching a few reviews of both the T7 and “transit-porter”I think the new “transporter” will likely boost sale of the T7 variants and the Buzz

Last edited:
So is it just the transporter that's part of this partnership with Ford? What about crafter?

New Caddy is a VW though, Ford re-badge these I believe.

Crafter will stay the same as it is now I reckon, it’s a relatively new design, it’s no longer a rebadged Sprinter.

Reactions: CAB
Not anytime soon, in 2024 the Crafter gets a big overhaul, so can’t see it being part of the VW/Ford collaboration.

I’m tempted to go down the Crafter route myself, the VW Transit and its weedy welt belt engine is not very appealing.

So is it just the transporter that's part of this partnership with Ford? What about crafter?
The crafter is just a rebadged MAN now.
As regarding the Caddy, when the man in a silver VW breakdown van came to sort out the "oil too high warning" in my van recently he said the Caddy is all Ford underneath. Make of that what you will.

Reactions: CAB
Back