L/Battery - go large or go lithium?

Yep. Now go into the settings and make sure it’s set to LiFePo. You can then get the charging parameters from Fogstar and adjust the bulk and float voltages to be exact.

Will deffo introduce some isolating switches…I may have seen a couple of sparks at a couple of points

Can someone remind me, Isolation switches need to go where? (To allow me to work on system safely?)

I see people use the big red switches (like a round shape), are the inline ones on Amazon no good?

Stay away from those types of breakers, they're a bit rubbish.

You'd only want 2 isolator switches max - a main one to basically switch off your entire battery system - this would go as close as possible to your battery positive terminal (and/or main fuse) and needs to be big enough to handle all the amps that you could be pulling.

I also have a isolator on my solar so I can switch that off easily.

Solars not a massive prob, I can reach the connectors stood next to van, an isolator would be neater of course.

I pulled fuse near starter today and still had power seemingly to ignition wire going into dc to dc, so that can’t be main fuse?

In engine bay? Near starter? Or under seat near leisure?

And near Solar?
As close as possible to the LB positive terminal.

And solar needs to be before the MPPT.

Stone front have solar but it's very handy for working on it, or just turning it off and letting the battery run down a bit.

The leisure battery isolator would be next to the battery live post, the last, if you don't have a main fuse, or first thing connected to the battery before the live then goes out to your fuses for habitation equipment etc. eg. fridge, lights etc. and the incoming power from the B2B , solar and Victron charger, the isolator works in both directions!
Putting an isolator on the solar where it comes into the van saves having to keep yanking connectors apart every time you want to work on that or don't want to charge the leisure battery.
You've done ok to get this far but really should have a read of your book and the other various leisure electric threads on the forum.

Back