Roamer Lithium LiFePO4 Seatbase battery

It won't switch off the power...it will just block the flow of current either in or out of the battery.

The voltage will still be present.... Meaning your fridge will stay powered.

It won't switch off the power...it will just block the flow of current either in or out of the battery.

The voltage will still be present.... Meaning your fridge will stay powered.
Ok. Bit confused over this. What is the point if this if it doesn't turn the battery off?

Ok. Bit confused over this. What is the point if this if it doesn't turn the battery off?
Do you have any chargers connected? Maybe battery is off and your fridge is being powered from solar?

On some versions of the BMS these buttons are disabled, it’s a pretty pointless feature as you should have an external battery isolation switch anyway. We deactivated it on the gen 2 batteries for this reason

Do you have any chargers connected? Maybe battery is off and your fridge is being powered from solar?

On some versions of the BMS these buttons are disabled, it’s a pretty pointless feature as you should have an external battery isolation switch anyway. We deactivated it on the gen 2 batteries for this reason
Yes. Agree that an utterly pointless feature.... but you gave me a button! I shall try the button with the solar off as have 400w of solar which will cloud the results.... ha ha..... solar....... clouding.... I'll get me coat!

Oh yeah! It's dark now, so no solar. Now it turns off off the battery and fridge. What a pointless gadget, but at least it isn't a fault! :D

Check out the Awesome 230SB3 ( the one i have )

230SEATBASE3

12V 230Ah LiFePO4
The bar has been raised yet again. Say hello to our 3rd generation Roamer 230SEATBASE3. Grade A+ matched cells provide 230Ah of usable capacity while a high power Battery Management System (BMS) with Active Balancing allows up to 3200W of continuous power - all in a custom case that fits neatly under a campervan swivel seat.

1682402798082.png
Roamer - Premium LiFePO4 Leisure Batteries for off grid

Reactions: CAB
Hope this is of interest to anyone thinking of the same sort of conversion.

Image 1.jpeg

Image 2.jpeg

Steve @RoamerBatteries have we got rough idea on the release date for the new APP Android app is done but keeps getting rejected by the Play Store due to the Bluetooth location permissions - basically added a declaration

Steve @RoamerBatteries have we got rough idea on the release date for the new APP?
Android app is done, it got rejected by the Play Store because of the location permissions (BLE requires location access if you want it to work with older Android phones). We’ve added a privacy statement and will resubmit later today or tomorrow. That should be live by end of the week, if anyone wants the latest beta apk now then please send an email to support and we’ll send you a Dropbox link.

iOS app is almost finished. Aim to submit that next week. In meantime, you can use the JK BMS app which works, it’s just not pretty.

Has anyone fitted one of the Roamer seatbase batteries in a van that has heated seats? Is the cable long enough to allow the seats to swivel with the Roamer battery in?

Has anyone fitted one of the Roamer seatbase batteries in a van that has heated seats? Is the cable long enough to allow the seats to swivel with the Roamer battery in?
Yes. Me

In the Bus, with RIB swivels.

Two plugs on mine. Heated seat and seatbelt.

Not sure is the link is different on the T6.1

I've got the factory swivel with heated seats and a Fogstar 230Ah seat base (same size roughly as the Roamer) and the heated seats and airbag connectors reach fine.

Back