TV’s, their Locations and Setups.

Some ideas here:

Firstly,
A big thank you for all the help received with regard to bedding choice.While I wait for the conversion to be completed I am looking at TV options. Electronically I am thick. I am looking at two choices:
August DA 100d
20" Cello C2023OF
They are slightly different in size and spec. I guess the DVD is a bonus with Cello.
I would very much appreciate comments, suggestions, critiques etc.
Thanks in advance and best wishes in these frustrating and disturbing times. Good health to all
Phil S

Blimey that was quick. Many thanks indeed. I am erring on the side of your advice I must say. Yes, I see you are a mechanic and I guess even you don't have a remote shaped spanner to prize it from the hand of your good lady. Mine won't have keys to the camper.
Thanks again - I have had so much solid advice which has allowed me to keep thinks moving until delivery.
Phil

I also have a cello22" , really good TV for the camper , also has a usb port to plug an external hard drive into incase you have movies download or even music and works really well with the remote , only thing I would say is the speakers are small so volume isn't great but more than enough to watch a movie when it's all nice and quiet inside the van , there is other speeker options you can have like a Bluetooth speaker setup and run a small Bluetooth transmitter from the TV to speeker ,a got one of eBay and works great with and Anker speaker but totally up to you

We picked up a Bush 24" HD Smart TV with built in DVD for the caravan that will be coming with us in the campervan in the winter months. It's a good TV for the price (£150 I think) and it's not too heavy either.

I also have a cello22" , really good TV for the camper , also has a usb port to plug an external hard drive into incase you have movies download or even music and works really well with the remote , only thing I would say is the speakers are small so volume isn't great but more than enough to watch a movie when it's all nice and quiet inside the van , there is other speeker options you can have like a Bluetooth speaker setup and run a small Bluetooth transmitter from the TV to speeker ,a got one of eBay and works great with and Anker speaker but totally up to you
Many thanks indeed. It does look like the Cello is a pretty favoured make and I understand all of the versatility this offers now. Bluetooth speaker is easy as I have a Bose so thanks once more. I can’t wait!
Phil

We picked up a Bush 24" HD Smart TV with built in DVD for the caravan that will be coming with us in the campervan in the winter months. It's a good TV for the price (£150 I think) and it's not too heavy either.
Thanks so much. I agree with all of you that the DVD is an essential component . Actually more likely to watch these than TV but I am beginning to understand the full potential of a decent set.
Thanks!
Phil

One thing to also look out for is not all of them have a 12v option , you didn't actually post that you were looking for 12v but always a bonus to have especially if you a traveling and mibi passengers in the rear are wanting to watch a movie while you are driving ,just plugs into a 12v socket and then when you get to a site with hookup then you can switch to the normal UK plug socket 230v .

One thing to also look out for is not all of them have a 12v option , you didn't actually post that you were looking for 12v but always a bonus to have especially if you a traveling and mibi passengers in the rear are wanting to watch a movie while you are driving ,just plugs into a 12v socket and then when you get to a site with hookup then you can switch to the normal UK plug socket 230v .
Agreed. Cello are known for 12v/240v capability, which if you are off-grid a lot in winter you are potentially going to need 12v.

Cheers. Yes definitely the 12v option which I think both of my original candidates have. It is looking like the Cello. The T6 should be ready now in about 4 weeks! Just hope for some progress with this virus- but we won’t go there.
Thanks again
Phil

Could be wrong here but can you double check the cello you have posted in your first post definitely is 12v compatible , I did a quick Google search and they normally have 12v in the listing but that model dosent and also cant see it in description , again a may be wrong but please double check lol

Could be wrong here but can you double check the cello you have posted in your first post definitely is 12v compatible , I did a quick Google search and they normally have 12v in the listing but that model dosent and also cant see it in description , again a may be wrong but please double check lol
This is the place where I saw the Cello 20” and it says it is 12v . I wonder if I listed the wrong model ?! I will check.
Thanks so much for your keen eye. That would have been a bit disastrous
Cheers
Phil

Nah give you more time to buy loads of bits you don’t really need lol
Which is why I have a shed full of motorbikes and touring stuff and clothing etc that has yet to see the light of day. Despite tens of thousands of miles you only use the basics !!

We've got a smaller Cello with DVD player and USB input / recording. The picture is brilliant but the audio is absolutely terrible - to compensate we use a small rechargeable Jam Heavy Metal bluetooth speaker with a cabled connection to the TV. It sounds terrific, even at low volume.

Back