What Have You Bought Today?

My tyres arrived today ,pity my wheels are not here yet ! Still waiting on Jamie....

20220130_110529.jpg

Reactions: CAB
After all that effort you went to wrapping your mirror covers?

Do the rear mudflaps still go further back on the rear bumper?
@JOG Yes they do but the fittings are totally different than the ones that were on Floyd. I will put up an image of the fittings of the new and old

The wrapping was fun but just not to my liking hence the real deal now on the mirrors.

Next up get round to fitting one of the front spoilers I have, can’t make my mind up.

Leighton vans or the Van-Styling one as per the one on Steve’s van.

FD1C7BE2-BC99-4DCF-A155-D2271B204D84.jpeg

@JOG Yes they do but the fittings are totally different than the ones that were on Floyd. I will put up an image of the fittings of the new and old

The wrapping was fun but just not to my liking hence the real deal now on the mirrors.

Next up get round to fitting one of the front spoilers I have, can’t make my mind up.

View attachment 144477
One like Steve’s - less of a Jimmy Hill “chin” on it!

Purchased a couple of blankets from Voited to keep us warm and snuggly in the bus and the rooftop tent.
We got these for each other for Christmas. Looking forward to trying them in Wales in a few weeks

I had a look and a wee tear welled up in my eye when I saw the prices! Definitely a Santa jobbie!
Have a look at these. I’m thinking of buying a couple for our February trip to Scotland.

Have a look at these. I’m thinking of buying a couple for our February trip to Scotland.

From the pics on the website, I see I'd have to grow a beard and wear no socks. I'd probably have to take some sensitivity/woke/diversity/inclusiveness training too and wear a badge declaring preferred pronouns!!! Is the wool ethically sourced? Were the sheep happy? Do I need to sow a seed to every time I fart?!! #firstworldproblems

From the pics on the website, I see I'd have to grow a beard and wear no socks. I'd probably have to take some sensitivity/woke/diversity/inclusiveness training too and wear a badge declaring preferred pronouns!!! Is the wool ethically sourced? Were the sheep happy? Do I need to sow a seed to every time I fart?!! #firstworldproblems
The prices are taking the pee more than JOG on this occasion.

View attachment 144477
Pics of the way the new VW OEM rear mudflats fit, 5 bolts in total. Not easy to fit either, rear bumper shell unhooked to get access to the rear of the bumper. Also had to remove the heat shield.

Passenger side up next.

86926528-A645-4AB3-B006-7CFD8DE6A5D7.jpeg

5AA44090-8320-47BD-BB7E-C468D1D7B6CE.jpeg

OEM mudflats front and rear, the fittings are so much better than the copy units. Solidly fitted and confident these will last the test of time.

The rear mudguards fit a different way to the original ones, again much more solid.

Also fitted OEM carbon fibre mirror covers, superb quality, what OEM should be. ;)
That's good news re. Oem flaps. I've got some copy ones and they lasted 2 mins, will invest in some proper ones at some point then.
Where did you purchase from, direct from vw/tps?

That's good news re. Oem flaps. I've got some copy ones and they lasted 2 mins, will invest in some proper ones at some point then.
Where did you purchase from, direct from vw/tps?
I got them from EBay. There are quite a few on there, not cheap though but way better fit than aftermarket and on the front ones the grommets you get to fit them with actually work.

Last edited:
Back