What Have You Bought Today?

New front tyres, grey and purple alcantara, black wheel bolts and lastly a tonne of Auto Finnese cleaning gear.

Well today I travelled down to Cornwall to buy some 2nd hand RR Banded Steels, then travelled a bit further and took them to Duchy for a bit of adjustment and a refurbishment.
Was some journey in a day !

750 miles ,over 12 hrs driving and £170.00 of ⛽️.

Didn't have time for any pics ,but should have them back in a fortnight. :thumbsup:.

20220314_195217.jpg

Finally got my battery pack. I had been looking at a Jackery, but ended up going for the Bluetti thanks to the steer from YellowHound. With £90 off at Amazon it's a go-er. It fits exactly in the space behind my driver's seat, and I love the spec, sockets and the modern LiFePO4 battery.

BLUETTI EB55 Portable Power Station 537Wh LiFePo4 Battery Power Generator with 2 230V 700W (Suger 1400W) AC Pure Sine-Wave Outlets,Outdoor Solar Generator for Road Trip Home Use Vanlife Off-grid https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MHJM...t_i_Z216NXWAY45SRPN4H3RH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Will post update once I get using it

If you're handy get them to paint it and you fit it. Where did you buy it from?
I've fitted a few in my younger days, I've enquired about having it wrapped in raw carbon but they want £360 I bought it off eBay, it should have been £300, they had reduced it to £250 and eNay sent me a discount code so it was about £200

I had the same concerns however after researching it and looking at the reviews there seems to be no issues with Bluetooth connection to multiple devices.

Alerts are visual and very audible, you can change the tones also. You can even change the time prior to the camera, so 30 seconds before the camera or 60 seconds.
@Texxaco. Have you had a chance to use it in anger yet please? Is the phone working OK through the car system? Cheers in advance.

good choice on the wheels how are you going to mount it, not cheep but I went for the HESS stuff really well made and looks great on the back with the Peli case as well for carrying extra stuff
View attachment 149354
That's what I am aiming for, I am currently on the look out for a cheap / broken OEM bike rack.
I will then mount the Peli case and spare wheel on black unwin rail.

@Texxaco. Have you had a chance to use it in anger yet please? Is the phone working OK through the car system? Cheers in advance.
I certainly have, it warns you at the the interval you set, mine is set to 60secs before the camera, based on your speed. If you are under the speed limit for the stretch of road you are on it does not warm you about the camera. It is also very loud, certainly not missable unless your stereo is super loud however it also warns you with a camera icon on the LED screen.

It also auto connects to your phone which is confirmed with a loud beep.

@Texxaco. And you can continue to use the phone hands free over the car audio system as usual? Cheers.
You certainly can, I checked to be certain. Called SWMBO whilst coming upto a camera a little over the limit.

No problems at all.

I don’t know why this little device hasn’t taken off in the UK.

Back