What Have You Bought Today?

Why did you choose that particular one? I'm looking at buying similar and can't decide which one to get?
The young lad, who is now no longer young (allegedly) @ 14, is all skin & bones who says that he can feel the drop down bed board through the existing 30 / 35mm of foam mattress that was supplied with the Reimo pop top.
There is really not much more room / gap than 40mm to fit a new piece of foam up there, so hopefully a 50mm inflating mattress will squeeze down to 40mm when the pop top roof is lowered?
He has tried it on the kitchen floor last night & suggests (I think the grunt received was a positive grunt!!) that it is better than what he currently has.

We are away at Easter, camping for 10 nights, so I need to get this sorted ASAP!!
Now't like a grumpy 14yr old...

There are only a few self inflating mattresses that are 1m wide x 1.8m long (max) to fit a pop top, so hopefully this is the best compromise I could find.
It's new to the market for 2022
I don't want the faff of taking it down all the time if I bought say a 100mm memory foam etc.
Fit & forget, hopefully...:thumbsup:

If not, it'll be for sale after Easter!!

Night Owl coverless 10.5 tog 3 season natural cotton double duvet. No more sleeping bags, and no messing about with sheets, just chuck the whole thing in the washing machine and dry again a couple of hours later. That suits a lazy arse like me. Rolls up nice and compact into the drawstring bag it comes with (and easily too, finally I’ve found a piece of camping kit where the bag isn’t too small :thumbsup:). Packed size is <50cm tall x <35 cm diameter. Pretty impressed, and 15% off at The Fine Bedding Company at the moment (use code FB15 - effectively gives you a free pair of matching pillow cases) with free delivery and returns. Never thought I’d be waxing lyrical about duvets, but when it’s van related, well…

Website (various options and colours to choose from): Buy Night Owl - The Coverless Duvet - From The Fine Bedding Company - Fine Bedding Company

View attachment 150333
you just need to cover it with this we tested the furry fleece duvet set all last week on the south coast ( Buckle Seaford ) was so snug cosy and warm without getting to hot
would highly recommend these for Van sleeping its even warm getting into bed so much better than brushed cotton ... shear indulgence and so cheap

really good value for money https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleepdown-...rmal/dp/B09BQY8CDX?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

I thought you needed four new Michelin Cross Climate’s!?:slow rofl:
Yes, Yes - those as well

Something else to spend pennies on :thumbsup:

But the Cross Climates will come out of a different (necessity) fund rather than the luxury fund!!
1, I can tell Mrs moomin-j about, the other I can't.

My Mrs isn't as cool as yours re Vw purchases!! :(

Last edited:
Time will tell, I was more concerned re the buttons than the airbag.

I’ve had another helpful conversation with Jason @Absolut5 to discuss the options from available units to replace my dodgy Discover Media head unit. The outcome was I’ve ordered the new Alpine iLX W690D and all the facia and fittings. He has it in stock so I’ll pick it up next Friday as I’m going by his way rather than gave it posted out. I can’t wait to get it fitted and running. Thanks Jason for your help. You can add me to the long list of happy customers of @Absolut5.

E4BD00A8-B488-468A-AE82-58370475BB8F.jpeg

Back