What Have You Bought Today?

It appears not ahah!
Must admit I’m a bit of a sucker for Amazon sometimes, same day delivery has saved me a few times!
Yeah I know, my first port of call for stuff now. Closely followed by eBay.

All in VW Service, warranty and VW Assist through Lookers, Middlesbrough with the current 25% discount.
Also got a decent quote for the cambelt etc change next year at 4 year old of £580 incl. Vat.

All in VW Service, warranty and VW Assist through Lookers, Middlesbrough with the current 25% discount.
Also got a decent quote for the cambelt etc change next year at 4 year old of £580 incl. Vat.
Very good (both discount and quote

Bugger my vans 3 years old in June, no discount for me then.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
bought this niffty peace of kit from Altitude Roofs (ok ok, bought it end of last year)... will keep off any rain when cooking it's held with a magnet strip on top and 4 suction cupsView attachment 121892View attachment 121894View attachment 121895View attachment 121896
Hi @Snoopy65,
Can I ask how you got on with this rain hood? I think it looks great!
Does it need to be attached to an awning rail or can it just stick onto the side of the van with or without an awning rail?
Thanks so much,
Susan :)

Just had a delivery of the Cinch Hub, now waiting for the weather to improve to try it in the garden.
Has anyone else got one and what’s your thoughts!

Alpicool TWW35 compressor fridge with freezer compartment. First impressions are it’s a nifty bit of kit. 35l capacity and can run off mains AC, 12v DC, solar panel or via the on-board lithium battery pack. The compressor is made by LG apparently, so should be reliable enough.

Not the cheapest out there, nor the most expensive, sits somewhere in the middle, but the on-board battery swung it for me as a bit of a unique feature.

Currently running a test to see how long it will run off the fully charged on-board battery with a pre chilled 10 pack of Doom Bar (challenge will be not to tuck into those tonight), but if it can do anything over 10 hours I’ll be happy as this will be ideal for off-grid day trip picnics/one night wild camps. Oh, and it has a USB charging slot on the touch screen control panel and a bottle opener on it’s arse.

Fits very nicely in the Ovano Switch kombi bed drawer too.

It’ll get plenty of use at home as my garage beer fridge as well. Felt smug at noon today when I was sat upstairs in my home office, in a Zoom meeting, thinking about my first Friday night ale, and I could turn the fridge in the garage on using the Bluetooth app on my phone without moving :whistle:

EDIT: on-board lithium battery powered the fridge for a smidge under 24 hours - happy with that!

077BF030-4EC0-4036-ACAD-8BEE1FFE2BF6.jpeg30F63538-98B3-4C34-9477-BFF7FCAA6602.jpeg

Last edited:

I was about to order a service plan with the 25% offer only to find out it doesn’t apply to new vans, only those over 1 year old :rolleyes: I’ll hold off, hopefully they do a service plan offer for new vans at some point.

I was about to order a service plan with the 25% offer only to find out it doesn’t apply to new vans, only those over 1 year old :rolleyes: I’ll hold off, hopefully they do a service plan offer for new vans at some point.
Black Friday - usually an offer on.

Not exclusively for the van but will be useful for it if what I'm trying doesn't work out...

Autel diagnostics tool
20220402_130151.jpg

Portable power technologies 60amp charger/ battery support unit. We use these at work on engines hooked up to the dyno. First rate units
20220330_161848.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Back