What Have You Bought Today?

Picked up a EcoFlow 160W Solar Panel.
Proper bit of kit, lightweight and extremely well built.
I also think its the best design on the market.

New Cambelt for me today... thankfully under warranty from VW - which is handy as the warranty expires in 6 days :)

Also passed the All-in-one check at the same time, so signed up for that now as well, and it's still 25% off :)

In case it's helpful to anyone else, great service from VW South Oxford, can't fault them at all for getting me in nice and quickly (before the warranty expired) and general communication etc. was pleasingly efficient!

New Cambelt for me today... thankfully under warranty from VW - which is handy as the warranty expires in 6 days :)

Also passed the All-in-one check at the same time, so signed up for that now as well, and it's still 25% off :)

In case it's helpful to anyone else, great service from VW South Oxford, can't fault them at all for getting me in nice and quickly (before the warranty expired) and general communication etc. was pleasingly efficient!
Interesting feedback - I’ve been considering VW South Oxford (even though it is bit of a clip for me!)

Did you make a contribution to the cost of the cambelt? It will be warrantied for 3 years if you did :)

No contribution from me at all. All I paid for was some brake fluid, which apparently needed to be replaced before they'd start the new all-in-one policy. I didn't ask too many questions as that was a tiny bill compared to what might have been!

A few purchases made in the last couple of days:

After much mattress research (something I thought I’d never say), I bought a Duvalay VW Campervan 5cm Freshtec mattress topper. We tried their 2.5cm Compact Topper on our campervan’s maiden voyage and decided that an upgrade in sleeping comfort was required!

Bought one of these Ducksback cable storage bags to store the 25m electric cable in. It’s tidy, quite literally.

And finally, also after much research into camping chair reviews (what has my life become? :)) a couple of these rather premium (ie scarily expensive) Helinox Sunset chairs to replace our decades old camping chairs. Wanted something more compact and also much lighter. Got them for a slightly better price via Bergzeit. Could only afford two, so the teenager will have to sit on the floor if he deigns to join us on a campervan trip :cool:

Is there any point as a campervan owner than you stop buying accessories for it? No, thought so.

Tell me about it :oops::rofl: I never thought camping chairs could be as expensive but reviews were universally positive so I consider it an investment to have super lightweight, compact chairs that should last years. 5 year warranty and I got each chair for £20 less than the usual price. Still a lot but hopefully worthwhile.

On the mattress topper front, the Freshtec was also highly recommended. I was actually fine with the 2.5cm compact topper from Duvalay but the boss wanted more comfort so who am I to argue :) I’ll likely be selling the compact topper to help fund this splurge. Only used once etc…
Have neen using a Helinox Chair One for a few years now. Chair One
Excellent quality.
There are lots of cheap copies available but they are not the same quality.
Also have the table. The hard top version is properly sturdy and folds up very small. Table One Hard Top
Both are great by the van and also to carry down to the beach etc.

Not for the first time, it strikes me as strange that they recommend a 4 yearly change of the cambelt yet only warranty it for 3!
What is even stranger to me in other countries they have longer recommended cambelt change intervals o_O

What was the issue with your cambelt?

@Skyliner33. Probably best that we leave the picking of that particular scab alone here - it's well covered elsewhere!:)
And there’s a lot of ugly pus below the surface!!!

Still, it is a valid point regarding warranty v replacement recommendation. I’m very tempted to prod VW about that….a few snarky emails!

Interesting feedback - I’ve been considering VW South Oxford (even though it is bit of a clip for me!)
As long as you don’t rely on their central booking team and just call them direct (01235 313048) I’ve found them to be fine. The central team never seem pass the booking on

Back