What Have You Bought Today?

i just received the door seal trims so it sounds like a golf :think smile bounce:
I fitted mine a short while ago. I was expecting the door closing to sound better, it does! What I be was not expecting but read someone else’s observation about having done there’s was, how much quieter there van sounds on the road!? What a difference. I was almost tempted to take them back off to check I wasn’t imagining it . Brilliant upgrade for relatively little money. Enjoy.

I fitted mine a short while ago. I was expecting the door closing to sound better, it does! What I be was not expecting but read someone else’s observation about having done there’s was, how much quieter there van sounds on the road!? What a difference. I was almost tempted to take them back off to check I wasn’t imagining it . Brilliant upgrade for relatively little money. Enjoy.
I haven't fitted them yet, can't wait now

Contacted Plyworx to get a piece of ply to replace the deformed sliding door trim I removed.

Reasonable price for a replacement, but the (unpaid) invoice they sent me is showing shipping as £32.10 + vat, so I've queried that with them before paying the invoice.

The company I work for pays around that to ship a pallet of stock in the UK, so seems a tad high to me.

Contacted Plyworx to get a piece of ply to replace the deformed sliding door trim I removed.

Reasonable price for a replacement, but the (unpaid) invoice they sent me is showing shipping as £32.10 + vat, so I've queried that with them before paying the invoice.

The company I work for pays around that to ship a pallet of stock in the UK, so seems a tad high to me.
It’s about the footprint of a pallet though, so probably about right. You could ship 1 or 50 at probably the same price.

Had a kenwood fitted yesterday was going to be the new alpine 11 halo but when I arrived at absolute 5 Jason informed me that they just got the kenwood back in stock so a difficult decision I was not expecting in the end I changed and went for the kenwood the wireless android auto swung it so for me it’s been brilliant and can totally recommend absolute 5 also had the reversing camera fitted which works great with the hd screen

FB05B249-D937-4615-9549-06EBF00FE677.jpeg

7AB2C391-9D4F-4C2D-8A0E-F59804BCBD44.jpeg

2EFB0EB2-6A5E-44EE-8426-C4FA18FB43AE.jpeg

0BF99DC2-453D-41DE-85D3-513CD5D3514B.jpeg

Moka Italian coffee Pot ( 6 cup) plus Gas Ring reducer. Just need to decide which coffee to choose, now.
And most importantly, 2 mini kegs of Theakstons Best Bitter. These are supposed to be for Bala, just hope I can overcome the temptation to open one or both.

@saronica
They do look good what tires are they and what size. Green eyed monster here!
View attachment 154022

View attachment 154023
[/QUOTE]
They are General Grabber AT3 235/65/17 108H they are actually quieter than the standard contivan tyres. Standard suspension, the van is subsequently raised by that, which for my work is fine. It’s a very comfortable ride, they have changed the gearing to some extent, it’s now a couple of mph higher than the speedo than 3 below based on gps, and I think I have compromised some mpg but I got back to Kent from Wales yesterday with 40mpg on the mfd and when I topped up and calculated it was 39.66 in reality. These wheels are supposed to go on the new T6.1 if and when it turns up, but if I have understood some of the threads I have read maybe they will affect the ACC on that van.

Just been delivered from Vanstyle, a pair of roof bars. I can confirm that both the roof rails and bars supplied by Vanstyle are Omtec, so VW oe from what has previously been posted on the forum.
Easy to cut to length if you have your roof rails on a pop top like I do.
A883874B-B334-423C-BE69-5B9A431BD85B.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Did you know that historically, Border Terriers were used to drive out Foxes during a hunt?

Good job that Fox Hunting is banned....... I have a vision of a cartoon Mr Fox just laughing his tail off at Maud!

:fast rofl:
though that's not strictly true...

Did you know that historically, Border Terriers were used to drive out Foxes during a hunt?

Good job that Fox Hunting is banned....... I have a vision of a cartoon Mr Fox just laughing his tail off at Maud!

:fast rofl:
Tried a raincoat on our Irish Terriers many years ago….eldest one just looked at me as if to say: “I will f’king shred that in nanoseconds if you try putting that on me!” Our second pair of terriers have no such issues - though I think they went all trans when we spayed them!!!

Back