What Have You Bought Today?

4x tyres for my new Canteras - being fitted in an hour :thumbsup:

I knew after I bought the van I’d be spending more on bits for it - now I’ve done the suspension, wheels and tyres, which are the big ticket items, I hope to give my wallet a rest :whistle:

Would love to see pics when you're done!
@t6blo - You know the rules...

Photos or it didn't happen!!

Mines the 45L, it fits under the Ovano, you can also open it by just flipping up the top rather that pulling the whole draw out
Thanks very much, when you have an opportunity, please could you measure the distance between top of drawer base to lowest intrusion on underside of bed base. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks very much, when you have an opportunity, please could you measure the distance between top of drawer base to lowest intrusion on underside of bed base. Many thanks in advance.
Lol any excuse to faff around with the van
The inside of the draw base, to the underside of the shelf is 490mm. It leaves me 40mm from the top of the fridge to the underside of the shelf with the 45L

I succumbed, and the wife was in a good mood, so Jackery Explorer 240 purchased for £195 - a saving of £65 of typical price. It's a significant price increase to the Explorer 500 so thought we'd give this a go - it will serve a multitude of uses and if it keeps our compressor fridge running until it's drained whilst on ferry crossing that'll be a bonus.

Having bought the new seat, today I got a 30mm lower than standard Sportscraft seat box arrive in the post.

Partly because my Mrs is very short at 5’ 2” so struggles to get her feet on the floor on the standard seat but the plan is to fit a swivel so this way it won’t be any worse than standard.

We have twice hired campers with swivel seats, once here and once in NZ and although they weren’t VWs (Fiat Ducatos in both cases) she couldn’t reach the floor at all and had to nick a back cushion from the sofas to make a foot rest. Funnily enough she could just about reach the pedals so was able to drive (helped that both were autos) but no surprises spent most of both trips in the passenger seat!

Looks like a busy weekend ahead of me, especially as she seems to think I’ll have plenty of time to paint the garden fence too

Allpowers battery power generator - there is a voucher giving 20% off right now - making it £431. Was rude not to buy it :whistle:

I was considering a dc-dc/leisure battery + inverter but this works out cheaper and easier to install. My Kombi is not a campervan so don’t need days and days of off grid power - this should give enough on a day trip to not flatten the starter battery.

Thanks to @Dellmassive for the informative threads :thumbsup:

6BE3A01D-7557-4D0C-A848-243882C0339A.jpeg

Last edited:
I need that! Actually, do they do an idiots guide for this?
I like the Forensic Detail guy on youtube. He has a full course option which I've seen on offer a few times for a very reasonable price although he has posted a whole beginners section of videos which tell you everything you need to know.

Thule Omnistor 3200 awning and the new Thule brackets which sit on the roof rail Thule cross bars.
As I am maybe looking at upgrading the van I didn’t want to get a multi-rail then have to do it all over again

View attachment 165102

View attachment 165103

View attachment 165104

View attachment 165105

View attachment 165106
Like the idea of this, awning without drilling or sticking something to the van with mastic! Like the idea of one, but would want to drive around with it permanently. Are the brackets a standard for Thule?

Back