Last edited:
Shamelessly copied @Fish and @Deaky with a - Kiravans Railsail

+++

View attachment 205430

+ + + + + + + + +

this was the layout:

View attachment 205432

View attachment 205431

just need to wait for the S+S carbon poles to be availible.

in the meantime ill roll with standard king poles.

hopefully ill have it for summer camp 23.

thanks guys..

:mexican wave:

+
I have one too tried it last weekend it’s ace , bigger than the Debus and more stable in wind

Shamelessly copied @Fish and @Deaky with a - Kiravans Railsail
Good choice that man. I've had one for a couple of years now and it's been brilliant in all weathers. I keep thinking about those S&S carbon poles and usually decide that I'm too tight 4rsed and don't do anything but every time that I weaken, I go to the S&S website only to find them out of stock anyway.

Good choice that man. I've had one for a couple of years now and it's been brilliant in all weathers. I keep thinking about those S&S carbon poles and usually decide that I'm too tight 4rsed and don't do anything but every time that I weaken, I go to the S&S website only to find them out of stock anyway.
Look how shiney and new it looks. . .

i thought they were Grey lol . . . they obviously fade with the Suns UV etc. .

looks even better in Dark Black. . . . . . very nice storage bag too.

1689334283086.png

1689334309814.png

the quality feels good. . .

1689334333096.png

loving the Black KADOR strip as well.

i was umming and arring with @czmate1999 last week at Camperjam about getting a wide BLACK 6-6mm KADOR for my drive away awning.

ended up leaving it - but there is always Busfest right

:mexican wave:

1689334401643.png

++++++

edit:
those S&S carbon poles

yes they OOS, so I've added email notification when back in stock.

the feedback from @Deaky was that they are very good quality, worth the money, and has have lasted 4years +

thats a good enough reference for me........ S+S - take my money.

they obviously fade with the Suns UV etc. .
It happens quite slowly though - mine is only very slightly different from the storage bag which is made if the same stuff and has never been exposed to UV light whereas the awning has had a fair bit of time in some quite strong sunlight.
On poles, my recommendation is that you need at least three to take full advantage of the versatility offered by the shape. I also made up 4 long (1.5 - 3M) and 4 shorter (1 - 2M) guy lines using line loc tensioners and small stainless steel carabiners (the little aluminium 'key ring' types are just not strong enough) and they make the whole setting up process much easier (the carabiners either clip directly into the eyelets or just go over the top of of them on the tent poles). I don't think I've ever used more than 5 in total but it's a lot easier to have and not use than...

Last edited:
ah shame I did them on my 5.1 and was never very happy with the quality especially compared to some I have seen that look OEM
I have them on at the moment but one has a couple of segments missing. The lowers are cheap so I thought as I had to fit cameras it would be easier to just start again.

B0804B38-F119-47CA-89EE-C4110B34560E.jpeg

Back