What Have You Bought Today?

Uh-oh! As previously mentioned, that's my destination of choice this coming weekend. :cry:

Remind me again why they call it The Devil's Mouth...?
To be treated with respect as it’s claimed many lives over the years. 1 a few years back.

After our first camping trip where it was wet & windy for most of the weekend, and we were on a big campsite with the toilets quite a walk away - I have bought a bivvy loo (+ lid) for emergency use!

Also arriving today are some packing cubes, awning rail stoppers (our awning kept coming out of the rail), and some osmo oil/wax which will be used on the new oak floor I'll be collecting from Van Furniture tomorrow :)

Guessing threat to life relates to being in the sea rather than camping on the coast. The most likely threat to life whilst camping will be from wind-assisted, rebar-sized tent pegs. :rofl:
Yes, the sea’s rather wild and good to surf. There’s basic camping on the cliff top field overlooking the beach.

Reactions: Bav
12x120mm hex hd coach bolts with penny washer and rubber bushings are an alternative to HD tent pegs. Just need a 3/8” ratchet and socket, no noise to piss the neighbours off.

Yes, the sea’s rather wild and good to surf. There’s basic camping on the cliff top field overlooking the beach.
I can live with basic facilities provided the pay-off is an awesome sea vista. :thumbsup:

Not the most exciting purchase, but picked up an Autoglym wash mitt at Halfords today. Thought I’d share though, as it’s not that easy to find one that (a) is the Goldilocks size (the Bilt Hamber one for example is BIG, and holds too much water making it cumbersome to use), (b) has microfibre ‘noodles’ on both sides (so you can spin it and get double bubble before rinsing it out - a lot of ‘em have a bug mesh on one side), and (c) doesn’t come apart at the seams annoyingly quickly. This one looks very well made, with a reinforced ‘vent’ down each side - reckon it’ll hold up well.

Noodle mitts are the best (IMO), for trapping dirt and drawing it into the mitt and away from the paint (therefore avoiding ‘swirl’ marks), and this looks to be a good ‘un (+ Halfords are running a buy one get one half price on Autoglym products at the moment so it only cost a fiver after buying another product I needed).

I’m a detailing anorak, I know, but if another like minded nerd on here finds this useful, then this gets a recommendation from me.

(Promise to post something more interesting soon :thumbsup:)

IMG_0630.jpeg

IMG_0629.jpeg

Not the most exciting purchase, but picked up an Autoglym wash mitt at Halfords today. Thought I’d share though, as it’s not that easy to find one that (a) is the Goldilocks size (the Bilt Hamber one for example is BIG, and holds too much water making it cumbersome to use), (b) has microfibre ‘noodles’ on both sides (so you can spin it and get double bubble before rinsing it out - a lot of ‘em have a bug mesh on one side), and (c) doesn’t come apart at the seams annoyingly quickly. This one looks very well made, with a reinforced ‘vent’ down each side - reckon it’ll hold up well.

Noodle mitts are the best (IMO), for trapping dirt and drawing it into the mitt and away from the paint (therefore avoiding ‘swirl’ marks), and this looks to be a good ‘un (+ Halfords are running a buy one get one half price on Autoglym products at the moment so it only cost a fiver after buying another product I needed).

I’m a detailing anorak, I know, but if another like minded nerd on here finds this useful, then this gets a recommendation from me.

(Promise to post something more interesting soon :thumbsup:)

View attachment 206552

View attachment 206553
I must get one of those or maybe two, perhaps it feels like someone else is doing it?

A hookup cable and 3 pin fly lead to confirm the hookup/Bluetooth victron charger etc all works on the new to me Caravelle. All good and the leisure battery is in good condition too!

Plus a cheap pair of bike fork mounts to use to sort out placement so I can fit 2 bikes in the back, front wheels off. £22 for 2 - was intending on upgrading to Rockymounts droptop but I'm not sure they're worth £150 extra!! o_O

PXL_20230721_100243911.MP.jpg

Not yet purchased, but visited a local renowned tattooist (Linky to Instagram) to get a design drawn up to remember my late Father.
He passed away last month after a long illness. Don't worry, I'm not looking for sympathy as I can find that between shit and syphilis in the dictionary :slow rofl:
(His Mum's favourite saying)
Went through all the rigamorale of what it is I want, it is now in the process of being designed and I'm booked in for my 1st sitting in late July, 1st session expected to take around 6hrs, second session, hopefully a bit shorter.
Currently being inked, 3hrs into the first sitting o_O

Bought one of these on eBay. Had one on my Relay and the guy said they fit T5’s and as long as the sliding door has guide wheels it should work. Drives me mad having to keep the door right back and not having an intermediate stop.

View attachment 204095
How did you get on with this?
Been thinking of getting one but not sure if it will wear the roller or mechanism prematurely.
And also will it fit a t6?

Thanks to the member who shared the Halfords AutoGlym discount on at the moment. It's buy one, get one half price. This time I must remember to shake the container rigourously as the last one left a lot of thick sludge at the bottom.

IMG20230722184041.jpg

Thanks to the member who shared the Halfords AutoGlym discount on at the moment. It's buy one, get one half price. This time I must remember to shake the container rigourously as the last one left a lot of thick sludge at the bottom.

View attachment 206672

Marvelous stuff, I do wheels, tyres, wheel arch liners and windscreen and body work twice a year instead of using a clay bar. I use tar remover where needed.

Back