What Have You Bought Today?

Just Bought a rear splitter/bumper add on.
Hunt for a good body shop that is reasonably priced now on....
@Mic71 Not sure there is such a thing as a reasonable price anymore with utility prices and raw material cost increases!
Have a chat with Lee at Mirror Finish Bodyshop, he is based in Medmenham not too far from Reading.
He does quite a bit of work for me, always pleased with the finish and the price..

Some Welsh Coastal pegs! :p

View attachment 206330

I had similar for the tie-down for my awning, didn't really work in loose soil or gravel pitches.

Ended up getting these and seriously impressed:
Nordisk Pack of 2 Steel T-Peg

I had similar for the tie-down for my awning, didn't really work in loose soil or gravel pitches.

Ended up getting these and seriously impressed:
Nordisk Pack of 2 Steel T-Peg
Or, @Bav knows a supplier of rebar pegs!!!

After our first camping trip where it was wet & windy for most of the weekend, and we were on a big campsite with the toilets quite a walk away - I have bought a bivvy loo (+ lid) for emergency use!

Also arriving today are some packing cubes, awning rail stoppers (our awning kept coming out of the rail), and some osmo oil/wax which will be used on the new oak floor I'll be collecting from Van Furniture tomorrow :)
packing cubes are a game changer!
AND Osmo wax oil is beautiful stuff :thumbsup:

Some budgie smugglers to comply with the ridiculous French law for blokes in their swimming pools.
I’ll spare you a photo!
I’m not sure it’s a law, but it’s always intrigued me. Theory 1 is that you get more fibres from Bermuda shorts to clog up the filters, but I’m not convinced. Theory 2 ( which makes more sense to me) is that Bermudas hold more water and therefore when you exit the pool for good, you are taking more water with you. The French don’t care about the aesthetics , and indeed the older the trunks and the more shagged the lycra, the better. Apparently.

I’m not sure it’s a law, but it’s always intrigued me. Theory 1 is that you get more fibres from Bermuda shorts to clog up the filters, but I’m not convinced. Theory 2 ( which makes more sense to me) is that Bermudas hold more water and therefore when you exit the pool for good, you are taking more water with you. The French don’t care about the aesthetics , and indeed the older the trunks and the more shagged the lycra, the better. Apparently.
It's to do with hygiene. Basically, people will happily walk around all day in baggy shorts, go to the beach, get covered in dirt, fumes, ice cream etc. Then jump into the pool with all that on the shorts. The reason for the tight fitting swimmers is that most people wouldn't be walking around during the day in a pair of budgie smugglers. You'd only wear them for going in the pool.

It's to do with hygiene. Basically, people will happily walk around all day in baggy shorts, go to the beach, get covered in dirt, fumes, ice cream etc. Then jump into the pool with all that on the shorts. The reason for the tight fitting swimmers is that most people wouldn't be walking around during the day in a pair of budgie smugglers. You'd only wear them for going in the pool.
@Nige_g I believe the challenge has been set there.

Back