What Have You Bought Today?

One of these as one of my ARB bolts sheared when trying to remove it.

Unable to get the stud out so the only option was to replace the whole rear suspension arm.

The ever helpful @Dav-Tec to the rescue as he had a “Spare” lying about.

IMG_8395.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpeg

From what I’ve read these bolts often seize, if you have a newish van probably worth removing and applying anti-seize grease while you still can.
Otherwise start soaking with penetrating oil a month in advance.

From what I’ve read these bolts often seize, if you have a newish van probably worth removing and applying anti-seize grease while you still can.
Otherwise start soaking with penetrating oil a month in advance.
The mad thing is the torque setting for these bolts is only 30NM.

Lesson learnt, even after heat it was not budging.

For 'convenience' sake..... It occurred to me that the majority of my expeditions may be just for the odd day, or perhaps a weekend fishing trip. While I do have the 'Thetford' which is new and unused I think by the time I had it set up and made useable, I may be in deep s****! :eek: To prep it with the necessary fluids and then not need it seems a bit of a faff. Perfectly good for a longer stay trip, of course.

So, I have just invested in the 'Carp Life' Bivvy Loo. I think this is a really handy, hygienic as it can be, and quick way to overcome the tedious tasks of 'Thetford' prep and cleaning. The Carp Life Bivvy Loo is also incredibly compact and takes up very little space in the van.... and it is fully portable.

I have no association with this product but am quite impressed with many reasons for including it in the van, as emergency kit!

For 'convenience' sake..... It occurred to me that the majority of my expeditions may be just for the odd day, or perhaps a weekend fishing trip. While I do have the 'Thetford' which is new and unused I think by the time I had it set up and made useable, I may be in deep s****! :eek: To prep it with the necessary fluids and then not need it seems a bit of a faff. Perfectly good for a longer stay trip, of course.

So, I have just invested in the 'Carp Life' Bivvy Loo. I think this is a really handy, hygienic as it can be, and quick way to overcome the tedious tasks of 'Thetford' prep and cleaning. The Carp Life Bivvy Loo is also incredibly compact and takes up very little space in the van.... and it is fully portable.

I have no association with this product but am quite impressed with many reasons for including it in the van, as emergency kit!

The video didn't show the bit where they hang the black plastic bag on a low-lying branch of tree. :whistle:

A friend donated an Outdoor Revolution Movelite awning to us. Their new awning has air tubes (??) but this required new poles. Now we have a dry day (Scotland) we have put it up, in the garden. It's a bit unsteady and definitely needs to be reinforced with much larger pegs on those storm straps, but it will do for now. A little easier than our 6 Berth tent!

IMG20230727164722.jpg

Thanks to the member who shared the Halfords AutoGlym discount on at the moment. It's buy one, get one half price. This time I must remember to shake the container rigourously as the last one left a lot of thick sludge at the bottom.

View attachment 206672
When you spray this on and leave it for a few mins, do you then rub the affected bits left on? Mine are very stubborn down the side of the van but I don’t want to scratch it?

Today I was mostly very bored, so I looked on Amazon to find stuff to purchase & pressed the "buy it now" button on:

1690488207741.png

To remove some of these at a date sometime in the future:

1690488321587.png

And 1 of these as I haven't got 1:

1690488457094.png

And a tin of this stuff as I've suddenly got a squeaky door hinge:

1690488557281.png

Eagerly awaiting "Tracey" our Amazon delivery driver for the knock on the door tomorrow...

I also bought a fresh large chicken from Morrisons to cook for tonights dinner, but as that has nothing to do with my Vw, I'll not post a picture of it on here. :cool:

Back